Which speaker package????

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Which of the two following speaker packages will provide me with the best sound for movies and music?

Monitor Audio Radius R90 AV-12 or Q Acoustics 1010 5.1

They would be paired up with the Onkyo TX-SR705 av receiver or would I be better off with something else? I want 3 hdmi inputs which the 605 does not provide.
Cheers in advance.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
What's the size of your room?

Without knowing that, the obvious answer is the Monitor Audios. Yes, the Q Acoustic package punches well above its weight (ie price) and as a traditional speaker package offer more on a performance-per-pound basis than a similarly priced style package (which is why we list the two separately in our Buyer's Guide), but it wouldn't best the Radius.

However, if you've got the £1350 for the Radius package, you could buy a stronger all-round music and movies package for the money, if you're prepared to live with larger speakers. Tannoy's Mercury F1 package (£820 plus stands) springs immediately to mind.

A

Anonymous

typical 13' x 13' with bay window and chimney ***.

I was initialy going for the Q Acoustics but thought that the size of them may be an issue i.e. they may be a bit intrusive, the sound quality of them would be ok for me though. What do you think?

How would the KEF 1005 compare to the QA's?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The KEF 1005s are great at £300, but the QAs would be a big step up, for both movies and music (but particularly for the latter).

If you can accept both the size and price of the Qs, they are the best compromise around for size/performance/price -that's why they're an Award winner!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that.

And the Onkyo 705? I need 3 hdmi ports would this suit or would the 805 or a completely different make be better

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts