Which small speaker

Mikegm

Nov 20, 2020
Visit site
Looking to purchase either Fyne Audio 301 or QAcoustics 3030i's....Both have excellent write-ups. To be placed on stands, help here also with stands. I have also looked at the taller Fyne 302. Is there a speaker above I should definitely be drawn to? Thanks

Mikegm

Nov 20, 2020
Visit site
Hi there
I have sold my old KEF speakers from 32 years ago, (a little on large side)
About to move home so wanted to treat myself to a couple of new components.
Have replaced my original Technics amp with a Yamaha R-N303D (Still unopened in box), Receiver/Amp/Tuner.....will probably still use my Technics CD player. So nothing high end here. I guess speakers have improved over the years. So not looking to spend ££££ but would like some recommendations on small standmount speakers.

Reactions: matthewpiano

matthewpiano

There's a wealth of choice out there without the needs to spend ££££. It's very possible to achieve enjoyable sound without buying expensive kit.

I can warmly recommend Dali, and the Spektor 2s could make a strong partner for the Yamaha receiver you have bought.
It is also worth looking at Mission's new LX1 and LX2 MkIIs and the new Wharfedale Diamond 12.1.

rainsoothe

There's a wealth of choice out there without the needs to spend ££££. It's very possible to achieve enjoyable sound without buying expensive kit.

I can warmly recommend Dali, and the Spektor 2s could make a strong partner for the Yamaha receiver you have bought.
It is also worth looking at Mission's new LX1 and LX2 MkIIs and the new Wharfedale Diamond 12.1.
These would be indeed better suited for the Yamaha. As for speaker stands, Atacama are very good, but if you think they're too expensive, just ask your dealer for a cheaper alternative - they should be stable and have the option of filling them with sand (1/2 or 2/3).

Reactions: matthewpiano

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Although I've never heard a pair personally, I've read nothing but good reports about the Triangle Borea range, and for your requirements their BR02 model would seem to be what you're after. Might be worth investigating.

TRENDING THREADS