Which SKY HD Box?

lastcoyote

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
Ok i'm about to get my sky+ upgraded to sky+ HD and just wondered if I should request a specific brand/model of HD box...if there is a choice that is. I remember that when I got my sky+ box I was recommended to request a Pace box for various reasons...less noisy etc..

Any Suggestions?

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

AFAIK you cannot request the make of box unless you buy it from a shop. If you're buying from SKY directly, they have it in their terms that they supply whatever box is available at the time of install.

You could try and persuade them that if they don't supply a PACE you will not upgrade but that may or may not work.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

lastcoyote

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
yeah..what i though. that's not changed since before then.
when i got my sky+ box i kinda just asked the guy who came in with one if he had a pace one on his van. he did and he let me have it. so i'll just try the same old trick again with the hd box.

what different brands/models are sky knocking out at the moment then?

A

Anonymous

But haven't Sky started making all the boxes the same now? ie. One Sky+HD box, one Sky+ box and one Sky box? I've only seen 1 Sky+HD box

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

The design of the outer case is identical on all new boxes but the innards or some of the components may be manufactured by any of the companies mentioned. IMHO.

I may be wrong.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

A

Anonymous

I upgraded to a sky hd box a few months ago and they supplied a pace box. To put it simply its the nuts, i have never looked back, its quiet, fast and great picture quailty, please trust me, get the pace box.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts