Which Samsung 40 inch LCD

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm looking at buying a new LCD screen, the Mrs is insistant that we go for a Samsung, cos her mates got one and it looks nice.
So sorry, it's gotta be a Samsung LCD.
I was almost certain to for the 686, but now after more internet browsing, i'm not sure.
Anyone got any thoughts on the 686, the 786 or the 856.
The 7 and 8 series are around the same price, are they worth the extra over the 686.
What is the diff between 7 and 8 series, can get both for same price, and have i read this right, the 7 series has a colour ratio 2000000:1!!!!! Compared to the 6 series at 50000:1 and the 8 series at 70000:1
Also, what is the difference between the 656 and the 686??????
AARRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
I'm very confused.
Any help app with which set to go for?

A

Anonymous

The 7 and 8 Series are both worth that few extra hundred. The 7 series features Samsung's Smart LED technology giving you true blacks which most LCD's can't deliver and it can handle 1080p/60 with no problems at all, no signs of judder. I just sold my LE40686 because of it's poor telecine judder and terrible colour scale. I am not so sure about the 8 Series as I have not seen it yet, but WhatHiFi give it a 5 star review.

A

Anonymous

Any other Samsung lovers/haters here that would like to comment?

A

Anonymous

Hi rock man,

i have just bought the samsung 7 series LE40A786R2 (Blue ocean 780) 100hz/ LED backlight, Full HD LCD TV.

I have to say that this model is the best TV i have ever owned. its simply brilliant!

its well worth the money you pay for it, as it has the highest and the best spec of any 40"LCD tv on the market at the moment.

I paid £1174.00 in currys with a 5yr warranty.

The picture quality off a normal outdoor roof ariel is pretty good, but to appreciate the quality of this TV you really need sky HD and blue ray DVD, its simply breathtaking!!!

This TV looks absolutely beautiful even when its switced off, it actually looks like it has a glass front, whick looks very slick, classy & stylish.

its absolutely packed with so many functions and features, which im still getting use to. I love the 2.0 USB slot in the side.

The remote is a bit long and has lots of buttons on it, but it comes with a backlight function, so you can use it in a dark room.

The touchscreen blue LED controls at the bottom right hand corner look really cool when you switch the telly on, and you can change the channels,volume/on/off etc from them.

I think the LED smart backlighting works a treat with regards to the contrast, even in the 3 seperate picture modes, i am impressed with all 3 modes: dynamic,standard,movie.

what strikes you immidiately is when you are watching fast moving scenes, theres no motion drag or blur atall, its like your watching a fast moving object glide clearly across the screen, nothing like CCFL LCD's.its quite amazing and eye catching.

also the contrast is amazing with its 2000,000:1 ratio the whites and blacks are so much richer deeper than normal non LED LCD's.

The sound is very impressive (20w), much improves sound quality/speakers, small sub in the back, good bass, crisp treble.

Im so glad i went for this model, as i firmly believe its the best out of all the current samsung models, untill samsung release their next generation 6000/7000 & 8000 models which come with built in wifi functions at a high cost.

i would rate and score this TV 10/10, and definately recommend this model to anyone.

i did months of research before i opted for this model and i could not find a better spec 40" LCD TV.

good luck!

max bahiri

A

Anonymous

max bahiri:
Hi rock man,

i have just bought the samsung 7 series LE40A786R2 (Blue ocean 780) 100hz/ LED backlight, Full HD LCD TV.

I have to say that this model is the best TV i have ever owned. its simply brilliant!

its well worth the money you pay for it, as it has the highest and the best spec of any 40"LCD tv on the market at the moment.

I paid £1174.00 in currys with a 5yr warranty.

The picture quality off a normal outdoor roof ariel is pretty good, but to appreciate the quality of this TV you really need sky HD and blue ray DVD, its simply breathtaking!!!

This TV looks absolutely beautiful even when its switced off, it actually looks like it has a glass front, whick looks very slick, classy & stylish.

its absolutely packed with so many functions and features, which im still getting use to. I love the 2.0 USB slot in the side.

The remote is a bit long and has lots of buttons on it, but it comes with a backlight function, so you can use it in a dark room.

The touchscreen blue LED controls at the bottom right hand corner look really cool when you switch the telly on, and you can change the channels,volume/on/off etc from them.

I think the LED smart backlighting works a treat with regards to the contrast, even in the 3 seperate picture modes, i am impressed with all 3 modes: dynamic,standard,movie.

what strikes you immidiately is when you are watching fast moving scenes, theres no motion drag or blur atall, its like your watching a fast moving object glide clearly across the screen, nothing like CCFL LCD's.its quite amazing and eye catching.

also the contrast is amazing with its 2000,000:1 ratio the whites and blacks are so much richer deeper than normal non LED LCD's.

The sound is very impressive (20w), much improves sound quality/speakers, small sub in the back, good bass, crisp treble.

Im so glad i went for this model, as i firmly believe its the best out of all the current samsung models, untill samsung release their next generation 6000/7000 & 8000 models which come with built in wifi functions at a high cost.

i would rate and score this TV 10/10, and definately recommend this model to anyone.

i did months of research before i opted for this model and i could not find a better spec 40" LCD TV.

good luck!

max bahiri

Many thanks.

A

Anonymous

I think i've found my TV Robert Whyte LTD of Glasgow has this for £879.00 + £25 postage witha 3 year warranty, anyone seen a better deal?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts