Which One? Dylan Album

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Troy62:
Had a quick listen to X2 (Another Side Of Bob Dylan/The Times They Are A Changing) earlier on Spotify and to be honest wasn't really my thing but wouldn't mind hearing some more as I'm not sure if this was a true indication of what he's all about.

Did you fail to get on with "To Ramona" and "It Ain't Me Babe?" If so, you'd probably react similarly to most of Dylan's music. He can be an acquired taste, though...

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i thought dylan was in charge of his own record company and would not sell/alllow his stuff to go on napster/spotify ect i would love to be wrong

A

Anonymous

I like Oh Mercy - more accessible than many 'Man in the Long Black Coat', but try the Budokan Live CD. I've seen him live (on a good day!) and this captures the (ubeleivable!) and passionate energy he generates on stage.

Have fun

There are times when he can't sing for toffee too1

Troy62

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
smuggs:i thought dylan was in charge of his own record company and would not sell/alllow his stuff to go on napster/spotify ect i would love to be wrong

That's the only album of his on Spotify. That's why I listened to that one.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
had a look 1 track did not sound write try you tube for some of the hits and then try ebay for a few cds you can get them for £3 each silly value,

try these and come back

-subterranean homesick blues

-silvio

-sally sue brown

-i want you

-tangled in blue

BillDay66

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Troy62:
Had a quick listen to X2 (Another Side Of Bob Dylan/The Times They Are A Changing) earlier on Spotify and to be honest wasn't really my thing but wouldn't mind hearing some more as I'm not sure if this was a true indication of what he's all about.

Its a big part of what he is about, but IMO he gets much much better when he plugs in, personally cant stand the early acoustic stuff - Try and get the Royal Albert Hall Bootleg series (4 ..I think?) one side acoustic, then The Band let rip, famously not to everyone's amusement!

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Such a difficult question.

First thought was to direct you to an early-ish classic such as `Blonde on Blonde`.

Second thought was to direct you to my most recent favourite which is `Time Out Of Mind`.

But my third and final thought is to suggest something between the two and that is `Street Legal` which I feel wouldn`t be a bad place to start. Yep, that`s the one. `Street Legal`.

Whilst saying that your question was if you could only own one. I shall have to opt for `Blonde on Blonde` which is not only a classic Bob Dylan album but a double as well.

TRENDING THREADS