Which of these two tonearm cables?

miksko

May 27, 2024
Visit site
Hi,

I'm considering upgrading the tonearm cable on my Linn Basic turntable. I've upgraded some of the other cables in my setup, with great result, and now time has come to the vinyl component. I have limited the scope to these two (it has to be the angled DIN-connector) and wonder if anyone has been able to compare them and could give me some feedback?

Ortofon 6NX-TSW-1010L
Chord ShawlineX Array Tonearm Cable

I know the Chord is silver plated and the ShawlineX is what I use to connect a Naim streamer with the amplifier. Can't tell much about the inner workings of the Ortfon, besided the great review from ToneAudio Magazine.

Hi,

I'm considering upgrading the tonearm cable on my Linn Basic turntable. I've upgraded some of the other cables in my setup, with great result, and now time has come to the vinyl component. I have limited the scope to these two (it has to be the angled DIN-connector) and wonder if anyone has been able to compare them and could give me some feedback?

Ortofon 6NX-TSW-1010L
Chord ShawlineX Array Tonearm Cable

I know the Chord is silver plated and the ShawlineX is what I use to connect a Naim streamer with the amplifier. Can't tell much about the inner workings of the Ortfon, besided the great review from ToneAudio Magazine.
I very much doubt you will hear any difference between them .
Unless the tonearm is rewired from cartridge onwards your best bet is stick with what you have and spend money on a cartridge upgrade.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts