Which not bright sounding CD player with Exposure 3010S2 amp.?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I really do not think a change of CDP will solve this!

The CD6005 is neutral - the problem is elsewhere?

Poor Recording?

Room Acoustics?

Female Voices hurt my ears - Siblance?

Google Loudness wars and Dynamic Compression and you may find some answers!

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
To the OP

try this : http://dr.loudness-war.info

put you bad sounding CDs in, then you can see how the dynamiocs have been compressed out of them.

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
stevebrock said:
I really do not think a change of CDP will solve this!

The CD6005 is neutral - the problem is elsewhere?

Poor Recording?

Room Acoustics?

Female Voices hurt my ears - Siblance?

Google Loudness wars and Dynamic Compression and you may find some answers!

I agree the OP has to check all the option : speakers , cables act.

I still think the CD6005 is not as good as his amp and he do need better CDP for his system .

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
Nad C 515BEE and Nad cd players generally never sounding bright , or try old Philips, Arcam Alpha cd players. Yamaha CD S300 can be good also.

Unison Unico and Jolinda tube players can be good

T

the record spot

Try shifting your speakers around first if you can. Adjust the angle of toe-in, move them a few inches either way if possible. See how that works.

Richard Allen

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
the record spot said:
Try shifting your speakers around first if you can. Adjust the angle of toe-in, move them a few inches either way if possible. See how that works.

Good advice there from Record Spot. You'll be surprised just how much difference that could make.

Slightly off topic RS, I thought you were using Tannoys. No??.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
This problem of brightness many always post on forums is a combination of bad mastering & bad made HIFI. Even when I go for audition in shops am told how a really bad sounding bright system sounds so good. I just said to my self I better get out of this place fast. Again one thing you have to remember what others fine ok may be bright to your ears. So always bear that in mind.

Its your system, tweak to your ears & taste. Audition lots of combinations & dnt feel under pressure to buy if does not sound right. Speakers are the areas were you will notice much change in sound.. Look at the new Neat speaker range, & sonus faber toy & kef range. Also Boston Acoustics & Q Acoustics range.

damonster

Oct 30, 2008
Visit site
peterpan said:
What about a good dac behind the Marantz cd 6004? Will this maybe the solution? But then; which dac? There are so many.
The exposure 2010s2 dac would be well worth a listen .I traded my audiolab 8200cd player in for mine .i found the audiolab too clinical .the exposure dac may be worth a demo to see if it solves your problem.

T

the record spot

Richard Allen said:
the record spot said:

Good advice there from Record Spot. You'll be surprised just how much difference that could make.

Slightly off topic RS, I thought you were using Tannoys. No??.

Hi Richard, sorry for the delayed reply, not been on the site much of late. I picked the Pioneers up earlier this year and fancied giving them another spin. Really rather impressive speakers and completely missed, for the most part, by the magazines and buyers here. Still have the Tannoys, but think the Pioneers will be on the stands for a while yet!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts