Which new projector to choose ??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm the (pleased) owner of a Benq PE 7700 projector for about 3 years now and I'm looking forward to upgrading for a new Full HD projector to come along with my HD-DVD and Blu-ray players. But choosing that new piece of kit is rather difficult in the "crowded" place of the 1000-3000 pounds range of projectors. The Infocus IN80 seems to be an excellent value-for-money projector and is highly recommended in WHF columns. But, being french, that reference doesn't exist in France. Does it correspond to our Infocus X10? Should I spend a few more quids and go for a higher Infocus model or one of the new EPSON's projectors or even Sanyo Z3000?

I would highly appreciate your advices or feedbacks to help me make my choice.

Thanks a lot in advance!

A

Anonymous

Hi Couincouin, I recently purchased (December ) a Sony VPL-HW10 projector which is Full HD from Creative Video.

The unit is quite big compared to my previous projector (Infocus 4800) but the picture quality is great. The fan is really quiet also as it is mounted on the ceiling above the sitting position. I used the Vogels bracket as it was only a third of the Sony bracket price. I also got the Sony offer of either a new BD player (S350) or a replacement bulb. I am not sure if this offer is still available via the Sony promotion site.

The unit has been mentioned in the WhatHifi magazine but it has not been fully tested however it has been reviewed in other magazines providing good reviews for its picture ability. It is in the price range of the Infocus IN80 but may be an alternative option for you.

Regards,

taffthomas

A

Anonymous

I have owned the Panasonic PT AE 3000 for about a month (LCD projector). It gives a different sort of picture to DLP. I am extremely pleased with the projector so far, the only very minor gripes I have are that the black level, whilst very good, is still just short of an equivalently priced DLP, and there is some loss in resolution with motion. Also, the projector can suffer from dust blobs. However, there is no rainbow effect, which for me was the deal breaker, and the quality of upscaled standard definition is fantastic. Hi def from freesat (HD TV) is also superb. The picture is very cinematic, comparable in quality to what you get at a good cinema. Like I say - very impressive.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
In the price bracket you mention the Panasonic would be my choice but you need to see them in action if that is possible.At the very least you should see a DLP projector in action to see if you see the rainbow effect. Placement is also a consideration - the LCD models are far easier to fine tune for your screen from off axis or a strange height.

Nick

TRENDING THREADS