Which MP3 Player?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all!

First of all, apologies in advance for the complete stupitity of the question I'm going to ask, but I'm totally clueless when it comes to stuff like this.

Basically I want a good MP3 player for running. I want, if such a thing exists, something where I can programme in timed playlists, i.e. I can programme in a 45 minute long play list which starts with a slow track (for my warm up), then gets upbeat (for the actual run) and then ends with a slow track (for the cool down).

Is this possible? If so, which MP3 player would you recommend? I don't want anything too expensive and was thinking around the £100 mark. I don't need it to hold thousands of tracks, a couple of hundred will be fine.

Thanks in advance for your help.

John Duncan

Ubiquitous iPod - a Nano will do you fine and sounds fantastic, though I'd up the budget a bit and add some Sennheiser CX300s for 17 quid or so from play.com.

Then Google "timed playlists ipod" for utilities that will help you create playlists of exact length - alternatively, you can just make your own, since the running time of a playlist is shown at the bottom of iTunes.

A

Anonymous

Thanks very much for your speedy reply. I'll have a look now. I have no idea what a Sennheiser CS300 is though. I'm so clueless!

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
they be in-the-ear-canal headphones.

Whilst I would normally recommend them, in this instance I have to disagree with JD. In-the-ear phones can be a little disconcerting with wierd "whoomphing" when you move your head too much (esp when running).

Maybe something like the Sennheiser PX range?

In case you are wondering, the ipod does come with headphones, but they are rubbish.

A

Anonymous

I actually bought some headphones for the cheapo MP3 player I currently have. They are Phillips ones and go right into the ear but also have those hook things (technical or what?) that wrap round the ear so they are pretty good for running. They're probably not great quality though but I'll see how they go once I get the new player.

Thanks for all your replies.

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Yah, am not a big runner, so will defer.

I am big, and not really a runner, but even when fast walking I find the CXs slightly annoying, so prefer on-ears when out and about. On a plane or as a passenger in a car, the CXs win outright.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts