Which is a musical AV Reciever ?gards

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello All

I am contemplating buying an up to date AV Receiver and would like to know which is best at handling music as well as movies.

I have a budget of £1000. I would appreciate some advice and guidance on this subject

Regards

Kawal :oops:

A

Anonymous

My speakers are Accustic Energy evo 3b, 5.1 package which are about 6year old. This package includes two front right & left floorstanders, centre two rears and subwoof

Regards

Kawal

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
+1 for the Yamaha, having owned a Denon quite recently the Yamaha kicks it big time for me. See if you can borrow or get an audition 1st, whatever amp you decide on. :grin:

kmlav

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I have a Arcam AVR 400 which is great for music. I use a Cyrus stremline XP connected to the Pre ins on the Arcam, using the arcam as a power amp only, and for my money its as good as similar priced pure hi fi.Cant really speak for CD's as I dont own a CD player.

The front speakers, KEF R300, are bi amped using the bi amp featrure, front L&R and Back channels configured to work as L&R.

This amp was a upgrade from a Denon 2310 which was great for movies but disappointing for 2 channel.

My advise is look for one ex dem of second had as there is nothing much that touches it for 2 channel unless you spend a lot more.

Ben K.

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
If your receiver has pre outs and music is your only concern you could add an integrated and save some money. I have a Yamaha receiver and although it's not bad with music my arcam integrated does a much better job with stereo!

A

Anonymous

I have just bought a Pioneer LX55 and it sounds fantastic through its inbuilt Airplay facility, really top notch (through Dynaudio speakers).

I also have a Krell amp to play with and although the Pioneer isn't anywhere near as powerful the end result is more detailed due to the lack of cables and wires - the digital files go straight into the high quality inbuilt DACs which is brilliant. In fact, I don't use the Krell...

In systems like this, speaker choice is FAR more important than electronics IMHO.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts