Which iPod has best creds?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Anyone who denies that a major part of the "Which MP3" decision process is fashion (or perhaps more prissily, 'Design') related is clearly delusional - so to those who saw the thread header and harrumphed, either wise up or mouse off now. For the rest, is there a coolest iPod? I won't state my preference...but as someone who can't help feeling a slight sneeriness for those who think that iPods always ran video, and could always be relied upon to last the full term of a transatlantic flight, I need guidance. Are these feelings merely playground pretensions that should be long left behind - or is there already a retro-cool to early pods?

A

Anonymous

I don't know how something can be retro-cool when its battery's long turned up its toes.
I've owned every model of iPod so far (tragic but true - combination of clumsiness and battery-bashing over-use has seen to that), and think they're getting better all the time in terms of features and usability.
HOWEVER, they sounded better before Apple added video. IMHO, the latest nano sounds better than the big Pod for the same reason, but then again, you can't fit many Apple Lossless files onto even an 8GB player....

A

Anonymous

Alright, I'm in. You can insert your 3, 4 and 5Gs where the sun rarely shines. The King of the Pods was / is the Shuffle. Be honest: what the bloody hell are you supposed to do with 80GB of music anyway? Fill up space, that's what. My original spearmint white 1GB stick would run for hours, do the job of keeping my ears full of a bad Led Zeppelin collection for hours on end, and even doubled up as a handy USB stick. Loved it. My latest-gen black 5G is an ***: been back for replacement twice, and drains power like a thing that drains lots of power. You want video? Get an Archos 604. Shuffle: you know it makes sense.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Tilly Masterson"]HOWEVER, they sounded better before Apple added video. [/quote]

Funny that - music sounded much better before Apple added the iPod.

A

Anonymous

the capacity debate is an interesting one. at first I had a 60GB iPod photo - remember them? - and I loved the fact I could pile on all my tunes and have them all within easy reach. in the end I'd find myself skipping through half my tracks, desperately trying to find something in particular. I now use a nano and prefer to change my music library every couple of weeks... anyway, what was the question???

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts