Which iPod Dock?

Gareth82

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to be looking at adding a dedicated iPod dock to my system soon and wanted peoples views on which would be best. Would i be best sticking to the Arcam iRdock or going for something like the Pure i20? I know the Onkyo NDS1 is a good dock but my Arcam amp doesn't have optical or coax inputs so this would be out of the equation. Any help/views would be great, Thanks

ngibbs

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
>I've been using the Russ Andrews GQ 24 cable for the last year, and it's so good I've never wanted a dock. Check it out if you can.

Gareth82

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply ngibbs. I would prefer a dedicated dock for my main Arcam system as i would really need something that can charge the iPod as well. Although the Russ Andrews GQ 24 cable you mentioned may well be a good option for my second Arcam Alpha system so i will check it out. Thanks

Gareth82

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply El Hefe, i will take a look at the Wadia Docks. Which interconnects would you recommend to use with one of the Wadia docks?

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
Gareth82 said:
Thanks for the reply El Hefe, i will take a look at the Wadia Docks. Which interconnects would you recommend to use with one of the Wadia docks?

Interconnects can be a bit tricky because it depends on your sound signature that you prefer and the set up you have. You did not menton about budget, so what is stopping you from getting a DAC? The reason I ask is that Wadia and Onkyo both offer superior sound when the music files on your iPod is extracted digitally via coaxial. Then from the DAC, use an RCA to your amp. If the dock+DAC combo is too much, then I suggest Wadia with the same interconnect that you are using with digital source like your CD player. I connect my Wadia using QED coaxial cable to M1 DAC and then a Siltech XLR cables to my amp.

Gareth82

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply El Hefe. I would be getting a DAC at a later date, when hopefully in the new year funds will allow for me to add some type of streaming system to my Hi Fi.

I haven't really set a budget for the dock, just really want one that would give me the best quality. The Wadia one does look like one hell of a good dock, i also like the look of the Pure i20 as well. I think i would be best to leave out the Onkyo though as i wouldn't be able to use that untill i get a DAC.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts