Which integrated amp would work best with My Cyrus CD8SE ?

5cats35

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi

I have seen both the 6xp and 8vs2 on another forum for sale at the same price. Has anybody got any opinions as to which one would be best with the CD8SE

Thanks

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
It depends what your ultimate goal is. If you want to move towards an 8xpd of one description or another, the 6xp will get you on to that ladder. If you're not bothered about moving onto a digital all in one amp, the 8vs2 might be all you need. Which speakers do you have?

A

Anonymous

I have the 8vs2 downstairs and have tried it with the 8se, and it worked a treat.

If you dont want to spend the full amount on the 6xp, then go for the 8vs2 but get a second hand psx-r for it, as this adds to the integrated, to bring it upto a topclass amp. It is not bad without it, but it definately is worth the extra say £250 from ebay for it.

Total you should get the 8vs2 and psx-r for about £800 - £850.

As Frank said (I know it is not your name frank!) what speakers you hoping to drive with the amp? The 8 will drive them a bit better, but has no digital outs etc.

5cats35

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi David

I don't think I'm bothered about a digital all in one amp as this is for a second system. I haven't got any speakers yet as I am building up the system when I see ex-demo or 2nd hand bargains. I would proably go for Spendor Sa1's or maybe some Dynaudios.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
potboyslim:As Frank said (I know it is not your name frank!)

Good job too. I'm watching you Mr. P.B. Slim...... (points two fingers into his eyes, then into potboyslim's eyes a few times in a row)

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
5cats35:I don't think I'm bothered about a digital all in one amp as this is for a second system. I haven't got any speakers yet as I am building up the system when I see ex-demo or 2nd hand bargains. I would proably go for Spendor Sa1's or maybe some Dynaudios.

I think it depends which Dynaudios you're thinking of. They're mostly a 4ohm load and a real pain to control, which Cyrus 8vs2's and in particular 6vs2's struggle to do when nearing the half way mark on the volume control. For the 8vs2 or the 6xp, I'd choose something a little easier to drive to make sure you get the most from the amplifier. If you see any specific speakers you're interested in, feel free to ask and I'll let you know how they should pair up.

One thing to bear in mind is that the 8vs2 is a leaner sounding amp, so you might want to avoid lean sounding speakers, and the 6xp/8xp are a little warmer, with a stronger bass to them.

5cats35

May 11, 2009
Visit site
potboyslim:

I have the 8vs2 downstairs and have tried it with the 8se, and it worked a treat.

If you dont want to spend the full amount on the 6xp, then go for the 8vs2 but get a second hand psx-r for it, as this adds to the integrated, to bring it upto a topclass amp. It is not bad without it, but it definately is worth the extra say £250 from ebay for it.

Total you should get the 8vs2 and psx-r for about £800 - £850.

As Frank said (I know it is not your name frank!) what speakers you hoping to drive with the amp? The 8 will drive them a bit better, but has no digital outs etc.

So, would the 6 perform better without a psx-r? I really don't want to have too many boxes on this, just cdp, amp and tuner.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts