Which House

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Has anyone on here bought their house to fit around their home cinema ?

I would also like to ask does anyone have a three bedroomed semi with floor/room shaking bass and how have you achieved it without annoying the neighbours.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
The bass shouldnt really be shaking anything - vibrating doors maybe but not shaking anything.

I live in a 3 bed terraced house and run a fairly big sub hard - no complaints from the neighbours ever, even though at times I think they must be a bit cheesed off - pacific rim for example

I would look at isolation of the speakers and sub as a start, room treatments if you can close second.

I think room shaking is a sign of bad not good bass

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
ellisdj said:
The bass shouldnt really be shaking anything - vibrating doors maybe but not shaking anything.

My bad i probably expressed it wrong.

I haven't got a three bedroomed semi house, i live in a rented flat but i was just toying with the idea that if i was left some money in a will what sort of house would i buy and it would have to fit around my home cinema, as l have to keep the volume down so i don't to annoy the neighbours where i now live.

Also i was wondering whether a perticuler house was bought because it was home cinema freindly, for example if i were to buy a three bedroomed semi, with a fireplace/chimney in the lounge then the fireplace would have to go and the chimney bricked up so i could mount the tv and i wouldn't look at propertys with a through lounge as it would be impractical.

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm really not sure that you should bother yourself with difficult thoughts about buying property. I feel it might be a thought toooooo far.

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm really not sure that you should bother yourself with difficult thoughts about buying property. I feel it might be a thought toooooo far.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Yes relocated i agree, but i am genuinely interested in what other forumites made them choose their current house, if i was to buy a house now it would depend on can i get a decent home cinema in the lounge/sitting room/living room, i am interested in other peoples views on what made them choose their home.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

spiny norman said:
simonlewis said:
i was just toying with the idea that if i was left some money in a will

Is this somehow linked with your role as the forum's RIPcaster?

*biggrin*

I think that's the first time you've actually made me laugh. *drinks*

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I'll give you a straight answer Simon.

I live in a three-bed semi and for years I had to be careful with the volume on my hifi so as not to annoy the neighbours or the rest of my family. So then I built an extension on the side of the house and that sorted any worries with the neighbours. The kids left home too so it is only my wife I have to consider now.

I have no plans to move at all, but if I did, the whole issue of where the home cinema and hifi would go would be a real consideration and possibly a deal breaker.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
jonathanRD said:
I'll give you a straight answer Simon.

I live in a three-bed semi and for years I had to be careful with the volume on my hifi so as not to annoy the neighbours or the rest of my family. So then I built an extension on the side of the house and that sorted any worries with the neighbours. The kids left home too so it is only my wife I have to consider now.

I have no plans to move at all, but if I did, the whole issue of where the home cinema and hifi would go would be a real consideration and possibly a deal breaker.

*good*

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

spiny norman said:
simonlewis said:
Nothing on tthe tv tonight spiny.

Not since my pet chameleon slipped off for the umpteenth time. We never had this problem with the old CRTs.

You just couldn't maintain that higher standard of humour, could you? *sad*

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
ellisdj said:

Granted you don't want the surroundings shaking constantly but hang on in the rel world big noises do make the ground, you and everything else shake so actually you do want some shake. You should be able to feel the explosions not just hear them. If there is no shake to your seat when big LFE moments happen on screen then your set up is wrong.

I think what you might mean is you don't want anything that would rattle in the room as this spoils the listening experience IMO

The kind of room shaking I think Simon is talking bout is what you want but withough bugging the neighbours.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts