Which Home Cinema

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
We've finally ditched our 21" CRT in favour of a Sony Bravia 32". I'm now looking to complete the system with home cinema, but am unsure whether to go for the Sony DAV is10 or whether to go for separates. I like the idsea of the Sony having such small speakers which would fit in our room nicely, but am concerned that standard def discs will become unavailable and I'll have to ditch the home cinema sysem for somewthing that plays hi-def discs. Has anyone any thoughts on how long it is likely to be before hi-def is the only format we can buy on DVD, and standard def is unavailable?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
DVD isn't going anywhere for a long while yet - it's going to take a couple of years before either Blu-ray goes fully mainstream or HD streaming/downloads become more readily available/feasible as an alternative.

Having said that, if you've the budget and tolerance for separates, you could build a more flexible, future-proof system than the otherwise excellent Sony DAV-IS10.

A

Anonymous

Hi Clare

I am thinking along the same lines. Whilst I fancy seperates I am extremely tempted by the is-10 mainly because of the speaker size. Do you know if the speakers are avaiable to purchase as a 5.1 package or, if not are there any plans to make them avaiable.

Cheers Robin

A

Anonymous

Hi Clare,

finally got around to visiting some of the hi-fi shops and found I hadn't realised quite how bulky the separate receivers were. However we did see the Sony HT ss1100 and sf1100 which seems to suit our needs as they takes a separate dvd player. I know separates will outperform one box, but what's the verdict on these two systems?

Cheers

Mark.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts