Which floor standers should I demo with my Arcam

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
DaveLister said:
soo excited about my new system I'm having trouble posting my first note......

Dave,

Welcome to the forum.

What Arcam gear do you have? And what's your budget for speakers? With speakers, it's also useful to know how big the room is.

Matt

DaveLister

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
<p>Getting my first real Hi FI next week, Arcam FMJ A19, CD17 and Rega RP1 TT. Just after some good advice about the best floor standing speakers, ~£500, that would continue the WOW factor I'm getting from my new system. The system is going in a double bedroom, converted loft, and will be playing my Blues music without any disruptions :-0 got my second demo next week at Richer Sounds and it'll be good to see what advice you experts can give me to help me on my journey - Cheers.</p>

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
When the excitement dies down a little, could you give us a little more info, such as which Arcam do you have , what is your budget for speakers, and what is your source and your room size.

BTW Welcome to the forum.

EDIT. SNAP!

T

the record spot

Maybe - if you can squeeze them in - the Q Acoustics 2050i. Currently on offer from Peter Tyson new for about £350 I think and this includes the paino gloss finish which normally goes for a premium. They'd work well with you Arcam amp I think and at 91db are an very easy load to drive. Most people seem to speak highly of them so it might be worth giving them a spin. Peter Tyson honour the Distance Selling Regulations without quibble so could swap for a smaller model if they don't work out in your room. Failing that, a pair of secondhand (but in good condition) Mission 752s would be a good option too. Expect to spend around £150 for a mint pair, but they deliver amusical performance that's beyond their original RRP never mind the price you'll pay today. A good and well looked after pair will be hard to beat for your money.

DaveLister said:
<p>Getting my first real Hi FI next week, Arcam FMJ A19, CD17 and Rega RP1 TT. Just after some good advice about the best floor standing speakers, ~£500, that would continue the WOW factor I'm getting from my new system. The system is going in a double bedroom, converted loft, and will be playing my Blues music without any disruptions :-0 got my second demo next week at Richer Sounds and it'll be good to see what advice you experts can give me to help me on my journey - Cheers.</p>

Deffo Monitor Audio BX5 or RX6s, Focal 714V, Kef IQ50. Beyond that look at Dali or s/hand PMC GB1is.

the record spot said:
Maybe - if you can squeeze them in - the Q Acoustics 2050i. Currently on offer from Peter Tyson new for about £350 I think and this includes the paino gloss finish which normally goes for a premium. They'd work well with you Arcam amp I think and at 91db are an very easy load to drive. Most people seem to speak highly of them so it might be worth giving them a spin. Peter Tyson honour the Distance Selling Regulations without quibble so could swap for a smaller model if they don't work out in your room. Failing that, a pair of secondhand (but in good condition) Mission 752s would be a good option too. Expect to spend around £150 for a mint pair, but they deliver amusical performance that's beyond their original RRP never mind the price you'll pay today. A good and well looked after pair will be hard to beat for your money.

I might be mistaken but the ones for 349 pounds appear to be the older 2050's. The 2050i speakers appear to be 440 to 575 pounds depending on finish.

I second these as a very good idea for the OP's system though.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Are Mission 752s still around? Are these the same Mission 752s I had in the late 90s? If second hand from that era they might be a little worn.

Tannoy make some nice smaller floorstanders I believe. Recommended by my UK hifi dealer, but I never auditioned them, so you'll have to decide for yourself.

Lo Fi

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I have the Arcam FMJA19 with MA RX6 speakers which make a great combo, if you want to spend less look at the MA BX5 .
I have discovered that Arcam and Monitor Audio work extremely well together.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts