• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Which ethernet cable?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Hawkmoon

Feb 19, 2020
Been there done it with cables, both analogue and for digital purposes. Most recently an Audioquest Cinnamon USB, which originally went for about £100 or so. I bought one NOS a year or so back, had to pack some stuff up a while back and ended up with the stock USB cable that came with the external hard drive. Months later I was marvelling at the sound only to go round the back of the stereo and...yep. The Cinnamon was in its' box. I tried it out with my usual four favoured test tracks and the differences were, well, minimal at best (which I guess is my way of saying that if both were delivering the right sound for the tracks played, then you couldn't easily tell them apart). The Audioquest went on Ebay a few weeks ago, followed not long after by a couple of mains power cables.
Well I'm not saying you're wrong. I guess the main thing is we end up happy with our kit and the sound we're getting.

Reactions: record_spot

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts