Which dock?? Bose or B&W ???

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I have the Bose and it does exactly what it sets out to do, which is to be a moderately good iPod speaker dock. Compared to my separates system it's like putting a milk float against a ferrari.

ÿ

A

Anonymous

atkins4725:

Am i right in sayin the pioneer amp that was mentioned was made in 1990???

Yep! Good value, reliable amplifier that can really get to the heart of music and is very powerful for a 50watter too!

Oh and Joel - a milk float may not be such a good performer, but they can't half be fun just like the Bose!

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I never use the Bose at home. Just when we go away and we need some music in our hotel room or suchlike. It's an average thing that I put up with rather than fun.

ÿ

atkins4725

Jul 17, 2007
Visit site
Ok so after the negetive feed back i've read about the average sound of the 'Bose' im considering disregarding it all together and concentrating on either the 'Fatman carbon' and a pair of speakers to suit or the B&W.

For what the 'Fatman' with speakers and stands works out at (top end 650) will the sound quality be that much better than the B&W at 400???

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Don't get me wrong atkins4725, the Bose is fine for what it is, as is the Zeppelin and iTube. But it's stereo rather than hifi.

A

Anonymous

'For what the 'Fatman' with speakers and stands works out at (top end
650) will the sound quality be that much better than the B&W at
400???'

That's up to your ears to decide but, on the flexibility front you're gonna be a winner with systems that have seperate speakers and amps. Upgrades and system changes are far easier with components but.... the B&W does look cool !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts