Which dac is better?

xyron

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi! I'm getting a dac to connect it to my amp via spdif. I found 2 simmilar but I'm not sure if the more expensive one is worth the money. What do you think? If you know of a better one with simmilar price even better :) Thanks

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Decoder-DIR9001-PCM1793-OPA2134-Headphone/dp/B013HL9NVK/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1479751107&sr=8-5&keywords=dac

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SMSL-Sanskrit-6th-Audio-Decoder/dp/B00SY9RBOM/ref=sr_1_25?ie=UTF8&qid=1479746994&sr=8-25&keywords=dac

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
insider9 said:
Buying a dac to connect to an amp via digital connection will not achieve anything. You might as well donate money to a good cause.

Since neither of the amps the OP mentions have a digital output, that's clearly not what he/she is intending.

If the OP wants to connect a digital source to an amp without digital inputs, then either of those units will do the job, although without having used or heard either I couldn't comment on the quality available.

The first linked has the advantage of a built-in headphone amplifier with a volume control, so whether or not that is best for the OP is really a matter of requirements.

insider9

spiny norman said:
insider9 said:
Buying a dac to connect to an amp via digital connection will not achieve anything. You might as well donate money to a good cause.

Since neither of the amps the OP mentions have a digital output, that's clearly not what he/she is intending.

If the OP wants to connect a digital source to an amp without digital inputs, then either of those units will do the job, although without having used or heard either I couldn't comment on the quality available.

The first linked has the advantage of a built-in headphone amplifier with a volume control, so whether or not that is best for the OP is really a matter of requirements.
Apologies OP, my comment wasn't very helpful

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts