Which DAC/amp to get for better impact and bass in my Oppo PM-3 ?

kittisiri

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys, It's my first post here. I've been reading around for quite some time. OK let's get to the point.I just bought the Oppo PM-3 and it's fantastic. However, I found that it lacks impact and deep bass. It lacks some fun. The kick drum and bass groove just aren't there. Can you guys recommend me any portable DAC/amp to help with this issue? I've heard of HA-2 from Oppo, the same brand, with bass booster and got interested in it. But I have no idea of other DAC/amp models out there.Please recommend me some. I'll use the DAC/amp with iPhone 6 & Oppo PM-3 headphone.The DAC/amp needs to be portable, and I don't wanna spend more than $300. Thanks a LOT, guys !!Duke

rich51080

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
An Amp would not really help with bass impact.

I personally think a Digital Audio Player would be a wise investment as it would make your Oppo's sing.

I used to use an Iphone but now I use a Hidizs AP100 and it blows away the iphone in all departments. And it has a user friendly eq so you can increase the bass without ruining the midrange.

A better source would give you so much more.

I was in your situation as i felt underwhelmed by my headphones using an iphone 5s.. Now im in audio nirvana.

The Hidizs has an amplifier built in and it is really powerful. And you can define the sound with the built in equalizer.

Thats just my opinion - Better music source.

kittisiri

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Thanks a lot rich51080

I'll try other sources.

Unfortunately, many of the songs I'm listening to are in the Apple Music subscription plan, with DRM, and I don't personally own the files.

Thanks anyway. I will check them out someday.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts