Which Cyrus Pre Amp?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi people,

I'm interested in purchasing a second hand cyrus pre amp only, and would like to ask which model would sound better between the Pre Xvs and the Pre Xvs2

Which one would have a more clearer/crisp sound?

I might assume the more recent Pre Xvs2 would sound better since its a more recent model, but the older Pre Xvs before it had years of gradual development upgrades wheres the Pre Xvs2 apparantly came about from the RoHS compliance requirements in the UK.

I like an exciting crisp sound and not too laid back, would really appreciate some advice.

thanks people!

A

Anonymous

Apparently there's not much difference between the Pre Xvs and the Pre vs2, but I've heard the vs2 is slightly more weighty in it's delivery. Either should be around 300 quid second hand, match with an X-power (around 500-550 second hand) and you're laughing.

JohnnyC

Mar 21, 2008
Visit site
To be honest, there's not much in it.

However with Cyrus the sound you are after all depends on what you are looking to pair the pre amp up with - namely power amp and speakers etc.

As mentioned the X Power is a very good power amp, far better than the other Cyrus power amps.

I'd cetainly recommned listening to Cyrus equipment before you buy, as it takes a careful amount of matching to get the desired sound.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts