Which cdplayer should I choose? Arcam cd73 or Cyrus 6 or marantz cd17

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
System: pma1500ae, B&W cdm 7se, dcd755ar.

I am looking to replace my dcd755ar and I am wondering what might be the best upgrade.

I live in the Netherlands and I find the english brand cdplayers, such as Arcam and Cyrus quite expensive, compared with their prices in the UK.

I can buy a second hand arcam cd73 for €300,- or a cyrus 6 for €650, and a marantz cd17 for €300,-

Which one should I choose?

Thanks for your help!

A

Anonymous

The Cyrus seems far to too expensive, so I'd skip that one. I've never heard the Arcam, so I can't comment on that, but what I can say is that I love my Marantz CD17MKII. It's built to last and sounds amazing. I'm Dutch too, and I bought mine for 300 euros too, a normal CD17 for that price sounds alright. You should realise that the normal CD17 doesn't have the luxurious remote and doesn't have the detachable power chord.

A

Anonymous

Thx 4 the reply,

I just found a cd73 for just 249 ponds...sounds great..?

If I am going for a arcam I will import it from the UK, because if you buy on in a local store, they ll charge you, ?700,- for a cd73, thats crazy!!!

I have read some reviews on the marantz and although it sounded great, they found that the sound quality improved greatly if they added a stabilizer in the player,,,(www.hifi.nl) I not quite sure what they meant, but propably the disc spins so hard, that the laser has problems reading it. The prize of ?300,- was for a normal cd17. It is a shame it doesnot have the same measurments as al the rest of my system. The only problem might be that the cd17 is quite old. Got any experience with old marantz player?

Kee, I ll skip the cyrus.

A

Anonymous

Remember Cyrus can be upgraded also, to the new SE models, 6SE and 8SE when available, or even to a dedicated trnsport, the CDXT-SE.

A

Anonymous

Yeah I know, but like I said, if I am going for Arcam or Cyrus I ll have to import it from the UK. Are there any Dutch members here who have experience with this? Delivery and warrenty and stuff?

But indeed it is a great advantage that you can upgrade the Arcam and Cyrus, but at what price?

And where can this be done, do I have to send it to the UK?

A

Anonymous

I am going to cut the button as we say in Holland
emotion-2.gif

Which one should I choose?

Should I go for a Denon DCD1450ar, for just ?125,-

or a Marantz cd17 for ?300,-

Which one will improve my sound quality the most? I think the marantz, but I am not familiair with the sound of marantz. I know the dvd1450ar....it's a safe choice.

Plz help me

A

Anonymous

Where in the Netherlands do you live, you could always come listen to my CD17. You could also ask if the seller is willing to bring the player over to your house, so you can do a home demo, or maybe you could take your current cd player to his house and demo to see if you can hear a clear difference, which I think you will.

I've never heard the denon you mentioned, but if you don't like the sound of th CD17 you could always sell it again for 300 euro.

A

Anonymous

Thanks, Jan for the offer. I live in Utrecht. Is this an option?

You can email me direct on tsvdoathotmail.com

The more I read the more options I am considering.

Denon dcd1450 ?125,-

NAD c542 ?275

Marantz cd17 ?300

Arcam c73 ?325

Cambridge 650 ?

But like I said before I find the english brands to expensive. I dont think I ll go for the denon because the benefit of sound improvement ll be to little.

All the other player I am unfamiliair with. So I ll pay the local hifi store a visit....

A

Anonymous

CD-17 wont disappoint u. but if u ready to pay double get Cyrus

TRENDING THREADS