Which budget subwoofer ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I will be buying one of the following , MISSION MVAS SUBWOOFER or WHARFEDALE VARDUS VRSUB which will be the better buy?

It will mainly be used for my home cinema set up but occasionally I may use it for music .

They are both similar in dimensions and power but I don't know anything about the performance of either.

I won't be spending more than £150 and both are in my budget when bought from Superfi , can anyone enlighten me .

Dave

A

Anonymous

I've asked a similar question but got no rely, it seems like some people idea of budget is not the same as ours.

A

Anonymous

I just want the best bang for buck , the room it will be used in is small so I'm not looking for plaster crumbling performance .

I do want a 10" driver at least , I've had smaller units and they just don't move enough air when it matters.

A

Anonymous

just seen yamaha FSW050 FOR £100. Heard it and can say for a home cinema system is a fantastic little box.

A

Anonymous

Just in case you are still thinking it over...I purchased a Mission MVAS complete with MV Centre, MV8 front and MV 2 rears - hooked up to a Yamaha AX763. Missions cost me £550 in total and I am very happy with them. I auditioned Tannoy, Jamo, Sony, Bose AM5 + AM10, Mordaunt Short Alumni, Kef KHT2005...all these setups sounded a little "thin" with music only so I decided to ditch the idea of a pre-packaged 5.1 and went for all Mission and swapped out the front MV2 for the MV8. Sounds better for stereo music only - bigger sound.
I am very happy with the whole setup - the sub does offer a great deal to the whole sound. Its very seamless in my setup - great sound, good explosions in movies. Budget sub so didn't expect miracles but it does what I expected of it. Good luck with your purchase.

Dave

A

Anonymous

I had a demo of the JBL ES150 and ES350 last week. The ES150 was very good indeed. The ES250 was teeth shattering! I went to the dentist the next day :) Now all I gotta do is find the perfect front floor standers... JBL ES, Wharfedalw Vardus or even the Xaurs 5000!

TRENDING THREADS