Which Budget Floorstanders?

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Attic conversion is nearly complete so im gonna set up my old gear, room will be used for movies and music-cd's and vinyl.....

HiFi: NAD 314 Amp, Marantz CD42MKII, Rega Planar 2,

AV: Onkyo 605, PS3, Philips 32PFL5603D,

Speakers: Tannoy 603's rear + 621 Centre, Mordaunt Short M25i fronts......

As you can probably tell the HiFi seperates are old, approx 10-12years, however there in pristine condition and sound great (to me anyway) just wondering should i get a pair of Tannoy fronts? I was also consedering the Mission M33i and Q Acoustic 1030i, can get these for approx €200

Should i stick with the Mordaunt Short's for now and do a full upgrade when the funds allow? Budget is tight as just spent 15K on the conversion
emotion-3.gif

Any thoughts appreciated...

lcd4ever

Oct 23, 2008
Visit site
Having just bought a pair of M33is 6 months ago I can heartily recommend them and the deep rich Mission sound will really counter your bright cdp and compliment the RP2(which I also own). I recently moved the Missions into my home office though and spent £1300 on Mordaunt Short Mezzo 6 fronts and 5 centre with 1s for rear duty and this system is up another whole level.....

So in conclusion I think I would wait until you can upgrade the whole speaker system keeping them all the same make, it really does make a difference while watching movies, sound does flow better from one speaker to the other.....

Hope that is some help.......

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts