Which Bluray Panasonic or Sony?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
With the release of the new Pana DMP-BD35, the "old" DMP-BD30 has now fallen in price to about £240. The last issue of What HiFi features a group test comparing the Pana DMP-BD35 with the Sony BDP-S350, in which the panasonic comes out on top, although they both got 5 stars. The Sony is currently available for about £210 online.

Given these prices, which would you recommned, the panasonic DMP-BD30 or the Sony BDP-S350?

Also, the Panasonic is Profile 1.1 - is it likely a future firmware update will make it Profile 2.0?

Thanks for your wisdom

Richie

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
I have no evidence to back this up, but as the Sony is a 2nd generation, and is only just out, I imagine it will be the better purchase (AND CHEAPER!!!).

I have the Sony, and, as far as I'm concerned, it not only looks the better machine compared with the Panasonic, but the picture & sound quality is truely amazing. I have not really seen the Panasonic machine 'in action' so can't comment on it. (Put money on it, the Sony is a better DVD upscaler, though)

By the way, I'm normally a 'Panasonic lover' through and through!!!!!

Hope that helps.....

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Given that you can get the Sony for £210, I'd say that's a steal, and you'll be able to upgrade it to Blu-ray 2.0 over the internet via the Ethernet port. OK, there's no onboard decoding for DTS-HD Master Audio, but if you can live with that, I'd go for it.

A

Anonymous

The price of the Panny should fall further when the 35 comes out (14th Oct?) so you might want to wait a few days until then before you make a decision between it and the Sony.

I've got a Panny TV so will probably go for the BD30 if the remote works both the it and the TV.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts