Panasonic DMP-BDT120 or Sony BDPS390

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I'm finally after my first BluRay player and only really have some basic requirements for it.

1) Must have a USB port to enable me to play content through it.

2) Must not have an irritating hum or noise when playing titles.

3) Internet hookup, wireless would be nice but not a must have.

4) 3D is not a requirment, as TV doesn't support it.

At present I've got a 42" Plasma Panasonic TV which I've had for a few years now.

I'm looking at two players:

Panasonic DMP-BDT120

Sony BDPS390

I don't really know much about BluRay players, so am hoping someone could suggest which to go for.

Thanks,

Graham

Papalazarou75

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I had 2 sony s-380's both were great players but very noisey with some discs,if you do buy the sony make sure it is from somewhere you can return it if this is the case .

the Panasonic I got recently (bdt-320) albeit a Slightly more expensive player is silent,can't say the PQ is any better / worse than the sony,but the silence is golden :)

A

Anonymous

Thank you for your thoughts, I'm tempted to go for the Panasonic as I have a Panasonic TV and it will save the hassle of finding the TV remote to watch a film.

I'm getting Virgin installed (was previously with Sky) and I believe that the router would normally sit by the TV, which should be fine.

I think the Panasonic player is also 3D (although I don't have a 3d tv) where as the Sony one isn't, so I have the choice Wifi with Sony or 3D with Panasonic.

Graham

Papalazarou75

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
one other thought, the Sony players are a little fussy with usb files & don't like avi files encoded in divx, the Panasonic plays a great deal more ,that was one thing that frustrated Me with the S-380.

A

Anonymous

Virgin has now (eventually) been installed and the router is in the opposite corner of the room meaning that I now require Wifi.

As a result I am now looking at the Panasonic BDT 220 as I have a Panasonic TV and DVD recorder meaning and have been very happy with both.

Thanks,

Graham

satycool

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Have the Sony BDP-S390 and is a good system esp for its price. Picture quality is excellent as is the sound, great online features inc Lovefilm, Sony Movies, Netflix. Has the option of wi-fi, though I use it connected straight to the router. The only problem I fond with BDP-S390 is that it seems to struggle at times with Netflix and BBCi-player - which seem to need to load every few minutes and even crash (Netflix); all other channels seem to work fine with no problems or the need to load this inc Lovefilm, Sony Movies..etc. I think its due to the software rather then the BDP-S390., but otherwise is a great blu-ray player and online media box for its price also a good small size too. Hopefully Netflix and BBCi-player gets an update soon.

Papalazarou75

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
my Panasonic struggles with some online stuff too,same as my sony 380 did,I guess it's just down to poor broadband as much as anything else,certain times of the day are poor on both my blu ray & pc for online viewing.

Think i might complain about it :?

gurjitsidhu

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
im also thinking about the Panasonic 220 and would be keen to know people expereinces since its in the expensive range for me. WHF gave it best buy so it must be semi decent?

gurjitsidhu said:
im also thinking about the Panasonic 220 and would be keen to know people expereinces since its in the expensive range for me. WHF gave it best buy so it must be semi decent?

What are your requirements? Built in wifi? DVDs? SACD & DVD-Audio playback? How big is your TV? Do you have a sound system?

gurjitsidhu

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
bigboss said:
gurjitsidhu said:

What are your requirements? Built in wifi? DVDs? SACD & DVD-Audio playback? How big is your TV? Do you have a sound system?

Im getting a 42 panasonic LED and planning to run the sound through my stereo system (yamaha as500 with q acoustics 2050i speakers)

Im after good quality and did think getting wifi built in may help since its an extra 50 quid to get a dongle so i thought the models that have it included may tend to be a bit better in quality anyways? i would want good audio out to feed into my amp although should i be taking the audio out from my tv and not directly the bluray player when watching films? (kind of a newbie!)

thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts