Which Blu Ray recorder/player for multi region?

Paulq

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
Am looking to upgrade my current BR player and would really welcome some advice please.

I currently own a Panasonic DMP-BD35 which is great but I can't find a way to hack it to play DVD's (not necessarily Blu Ray) from other regions. I also would like a DVD recorder from which I can transfer recorded Sky+ programmes to HDD then burn to DVD.

Has anyone any recommendations? My TV is a Samsung 32" LCD 1080p.

Thanks very much.

Paulq said:
Am looking to upgrade my current BR player and would really welcome some advice please.

I currently own a Panasonic DMP-BD35 which is great but I can't find a way to hack it to play DVD's (not necessarily Blu Ray) from other regions. I also would like a DVD recorder from which I can transfer recorded Sky+ programmes to HDD then burn to DVD.

Has anyone any recommendations? My TV is a Samsung 32" LCD 1080p.

Thanks very much.

This remote will easily make your Panasonic player multiregion for DVDs:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Panasonic-DVD-Blu-ray-player-multi-region-hack-remote-/110602620681?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_Video_DVDPlayers_Recorders&hash=item19c06e0f09#ht_7656wt_922

I can't help you with your other question.

Paulq

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
Thanks and that's a possible solution.

However I would like to look at a BR Recorder with the HDD function so I can record from Sky+ and that is already multi-region.

Any recommendations?

chrisup

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Paul,

I have 3 panasonic hard drive recorders they are reliable and easy to use. Indeed friends in their 70s find it easy to use. My cousin is on his second samsung and he finds it is illogical to use and if it goes wrong again will swicth to panasonic. I don't use multi region dvds so can't comment. I used mine to record of sky and freesat using scart in (this is only way to do it) and then archive to writable dvds. I always use SP mode as a 2 hour movie with adverts deleted fills on dvd.

Hope this helps.

Chris

A

Anonymous

i have this one but have an error 440 and then close all program and then until restart not working you will check another way i also submit this problem may be any other person give the answer of my problem.

Tonya

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
Just borrow a basic "One-For-All" programmable remote control and with a few simple keypresses it will make most players region free on the DVD side of things.
I bought mine for £12 and it has opened up every Sony and Panasonic disc player that I've encountered thus far.

To find the exact procedure, Google is your friend :dance:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts