Which Blu-Ray and HDMI Leads for my system

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

my comparing is over , i cant afford to indulge in curiosity ,i should have trusted my own logic , and anyway , cables are just so emotional , im starting to grow rather attached to my "monster" , did i mention how good it is
emotion-3.gif

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
d4v3pum4:Prof - Please explain how a digital cable can improve something. Please explain how an error can be fixed but not just fixed, "improved". I am dying to hear.

Original post edited to make it clearer what I mean when I use the word "improved".

Hopefully this satisfies the

monty-python-spanish-inquisition.jpg

A

Anonymous

d4v3pum4:professorhat:
As others have said, I'm not getting into yet another debate on this - my views are easily searchable within the forum.

However, you stated they weren't claiming improved picture and I quoted a part of their website which does state their cables "boast superior ability". And since their function at the end of the day is to provide pictures and sound on your TV, then superior ability to me infers that their cables will do this better than others.

If you want to infer something else from this statement then fair enough.

Prof - Please explain how a digital cable can improve something. Please explain how an error can be fixed but not just fixed, "improved". I am dying to hear.

i dont want to speak for the prof , but unless im mistaken , he isnt
trying to say that hdmi cables differ , just that on the qed website ,
they try to say they do , the prof aint saying so...

A

Anonymous

Class, I love the pic's - keeping me amused!!

Anyway, my take is that a cable can meet the standards and is ok, however during manufacture it's build may vary as it is not under as much scrutiny as another brand.

What we look for in cables is not "improved quality", but "improved purity". We aim for cables to avoid any errors (digital) or colouration (analog audio) etc.

A superior cable is built to a more consistant quality and therefore introduces less errors, colouration, noise etc.

I am happy to spend £30 or £40 on a cable as I believe it will provide "purer" images and sound.

As with anything, you also look for build quality. Now I believe that the cables such as ThatCable are ok, indeed they won 5 stars in a review, however I still feel that a higher spec lead will have better cable geometry etc and am happy to pay for that peace of mind as are many other people.

My short list at the moment is as follows:

http://www.hificables.co.uk/11768/Qed-Classic-HDMI-P-.html

£29.95

http://www.hificables.co.uk/11473/Wireworld-Island-6-HDMI.html

£38.25

A

Anonymous

TheYellowPeril:

My short list at the moment is as follows:

http://www.hificables.co.uk/11768/Qed-Classic-HDMI-P-.html

£29.95

http://www.hificables.co.uk/11473/Wireworld-Island-6-HDMI.html

£38.25

I had one of these arrive this morning.

I'd definitely consider adding it to the shortlist.
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Well I opted for a standard QED P75 Coaxial lead for the audio and have now ordered a second one to connect my Sky+HD as I am so pleased with it. Can't complain for £15!!!

For the HDMI I went for the Wireworld Island 6 as I felt that should I end up with additional kit that required a 1.4 spec HDMI lead (no idea what but you never know) it was a worthwhile investment.

So far I'm very happy with the quality, the cable is very flexible and allows for easy installation.

As for teh S760, this plays Bluray's beautifully, however I'm most surprised at the improvement on standard DVD's. It is actually such a vast improvement that for standard films I think I'll carry on buying DVD versions for the price. I'll get Bluray for iconic films or where the higher quality audio would be better, such as action films.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts