Which BIG screen tv is best for gaming???

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Samsung LE46F86 is superb: Full HD, 3 HDMI inputs including one on the side of the TV for easy connection of a PS3 or Xbox and the picture quality is fabulously smooth and stable. Officially £1900, but shop around for deals.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="VoodooDoctor"]How big is big? How much money do you have to spend?[/quote]

Around 4k, im not sure whether to go for LCD or plasma as im upgrading from crt, all i know is football, movies and gaming need to look superb.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
If you've got that sort of budget, the answer's easy: Pioneer's 50in Kuro plasma - the PDP-LX508D. Full HD resolution and the best picture performance you can buy - whatever you're using it for. It's a stupendous set - list price £3700 but there are deals to be had.

Make sure you use decent HDMI cables between it and your set-top box/movie player/console for optimum HD performance.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Clare Newsome"]
If you've got that sort of budget, the answer's easy: Pioneer's 50in Kuro plasma - the PDP-LX508D. Full HD resolution and the best picture performance you can buy - whatever you're using it for. It's a stupendous set - list price £3700 but there are deals to be had.

Make sure you use decent HDMI cables between it and your set-top box/movie player/console for optimum HD performance.
[/quote]

Gonna go and do a little more testing on the LX5080D with stuff recorded from tv (Hatton v Mayweather fight :( and football). On the TLC Broadcast website they have a LX5080D for £2999 and the LX508D for £3500, they also have the hd ready 508XD models. But whats the difference between the LX5080D & LX508D, because so far standard def dvds havent blown me away on the LX5080D which was demoed to me.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andy Clough"]

3 HDMI inputs including one on the side of the TV for easy connection of a PS3 or Xbox

[/quote]

I don't get this because wouldn't you need a huge stand to have them standing side by side, and if its going below on another shelf it would look tidier plugged into the back, just a thought
emotion-42.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts