Which Audio Cable ? Connecting PC to Panasonic Viera

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Portoman

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
Incidentally, I was just looking at the Audio Devices in Control Panel and there are 3 : 1) AMD HDMI Output which has "not plugged in" below it 2) Speakers - which are the default and 3) Realtek Digital Output is says "Ready" - but when I click on it no sound comes out, but the sound bar moves up and down. Do these make any difference to the problem ? I have seen them before and the HDMI Output is always "not plugged in", even when I have connected the HDMI visual cable.

Portoman

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
Incidentally, I was just looking at the Audio Devices in Control Panel and there are 3 : 1) AMD HDMI Output which has "not plugged in" below it 2) Speakers - which are the default and 3) Realtek Digital Output is says "Ready" - but when I click on it no sound comes out, but the sound bar moves up and down. Do these make any difference to the problem ? I have seen them before and the HDMI Output is always "not plugged in", even when I have connected the HDMI visual cable.

abacus

If you have a HDMI cable connected from your computer to the TV then when the HDMI input is selected on the TV the AMD HDMI should now show connected, you can now select it and it should give you both picture and sound through the HDMI Input. (Make sure the volume is fully turned up)

If you connect with a Jack to 2 Phono plug cable then leave the settings as they are.

Hope this helps

Bill

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts