Which amp to go for?

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys

I've been soldiering on with an Onkyo receiver for a while, which served me well in many respects; but as it does not decode HD audio, I'm finally ready to make the leap to full HD...

As my tag suggests, I'm not the richest guy in the world (mature research student), so I'm looking at a budget of around £300. Even with this limited budget, I hope the leap to an amp that decodes full HD will offer a discernable improvement in surround sound.

The amp will be connected to B&W 600 series speakers (1 centre and 4 surrounds, as I can't cram 7 speakers into my flat and don't want to alienate the neighbours with a sub). Other than that, I have a 42" Pana G10 and PS3 (I know a standalone Blu Ray player will out-perform this, but that's one for another day).

Anyway, the short version is -- which amp would work best with my set-up on this admittedly tight budget? All advice is greatly appreciated...

A

Anonymous

I would wait a month for the 2010 models and you will be able to get some great deals in the 09 stuff.

I have a pioneer VSX 819 which I got for 250.00 delivered.

A

Anonymous

Hi Canada,

I have the 819 on order but won't be here for a week, if you don't mind me asking, where did you find it at that price?

TRENDING THREADS