Which amp for Dali Oberon 7 ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Which amp for Dali Oberon 7 ?

• Marantz PM6006

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Cambridge Audio AX R100

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (which one ?)

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Not a fan of the Cambridge audio CXA60 or 80 or higher then theses models with any Dali speakers as the Cambridge audio amplifiers are not a great match on a sonic level .
As the Cambridge amplifiers sound plain and boring with Dali speakers as i have had a demo with the CXA60 ,CXA80 and the top of the range amplifiers .
Yamaha is a better shout as you get the involvement , detail and sound stage but not sure how good the lower Yamaha models are but i would look at the Yamaha A-S700 , 800 but save the money to get theses models before wasting your money on second best because if you have a good amplifier it will really get the best out of those speakers on a sonic level .

Vyslon

Apr 29, 2020
Visit site
Not a fan of the Cambridge audio CXA60 or 80 or higher then theses models with any Dali speakers as the Cambridge audio amplifiers are not a great match on a sonic level .
As the Cambridge amplifiers sound plain and boring with Dali speakers as i have had a demo with the CXA60 ,CXA80 and the top of the range amplifiers .
Yamaha is a better shout as you get the involvement , detail and sound stage but not sure how good the lower Yamaha models are but i would look at the Yamaha A-S700 , 800 but save the money to get theses models before wasting your money on second best because if you have a good amplifier it will really get the best out of those speakers on a sonic level .
Yamaha A-S700 is buyable for me but are you sur these are more interesting than cambridge amplifiers?

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Yamaha A-S700 is buyable for me but are you sur these are more interesting than cambridge amplifiers?
I would say the Yamaha would be a better choice and you get 3 years warranty if you buy any Yamaha products but everyone's choices on what they think is good is different to everyone's personal choice .
But owning a number of different Dali speakers over the years and using different amplifiers with Dali speakers i found Yamaha works the best and is a perfect match on a sonic level that gives me detail , natural , big sound , good at low volumes and great sound stage .
But the trouble is your buying blind which isn't a great idea and someones taste might not be yours so better getting a demo then guessing .
I can only recommend from my experience what i think is good .

Leon Martin

Mar 19, 2020
Visit site
Both the CXA60 and CXA80 have been superseded by the CXA61 and CXA81 respectively so you may need to consider those unless you can find the older models in stock somewhere.

Squall Leonhart

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
Audiolab 6000a is another option if you can stretch your budget to £600.

I have only tested it with my Dali Rubicon 6 speakers and it sounded fine. But only briefly as I got the 6000a for my bedroom for my B&W 607 speakers.

Much appreciated, the Rotel sounds hard to beat for the money even considering it's about 15 years old.
Expect my opinions soon......

You're welcome (y)

The amp was released in August 2003 and i had first stock in Europe. I hate to state the obvious however please try and ensure you get an amp which is working fully to spec. right across the board. When all the ducks are in a row then boy can this amp sing :)

Btw, Black finish or Silver/Black finish please?

rainsoothe

This Rotel is the first propper hi-fi amp I ever heard (well I thought it was the speakers - a pair of 602 s3 - which I bought. Couldn't understand why they sounded disappointing on my budget Sony 5.1 reciever back then - they were missing a real amp :)

Reactions: MUSICRAFT

Dom

I thought I would wire in some Naim cords.
I have two almost identical cords to replace my Roksan cords.
I can't say I'm disappointed, I rather enjoy that Naim signature, I excitedly put gold MCRU fuses in them.
It took a day for them to fettle in.
I also bought an MCRU, MK tough plug with Rhodium plating through out and an MCRU Rhodium fuse. This goes into the wall to influence the system.
This also took a week to sound it's best and it's getting better by the day.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts