Which 50inch full hd Pioneer is better??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Is the LX508D any different to the LX5080D?? Both can be found on Pioneers website and on the following website http://www.tlcbroadcast.co.uk/pioneer/plasma-tv-c-45.html Both are full HD but the LX508D has an extra feature called "Direct Colour Filter 3+ " does this have any effect on the picture?? Is it worth £500 more?? The LX5080D and LX508D are both full HD and not to be confused with the XD models which are HD ready only. Some one please help :D

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
OK, just got off the phone to Pioneer's technical dept and the key difference between the two is that the LX508D model has Pioneer's Direct Colour Filter 3+ system, which the LX5080D does not.

The Direct Colour 3+ system is designed to give even better contrast and colour reproduction.

A

Anonymous

So which one have you guys reviewed?? Which one would you say is better??

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
We've reviewed the Pioneer PDP-508XD (HD-ready) and PDP-LX508D (Full HD) sets, both of which are excellent and got 5 stars, but not the PDP-LX5080D without Direct Colour Filter 3+.

All I can says is that the LX508D with Filter 3+ is awesome, and we were simply gobsmacked at how good the picture looked. Is it worth the money? Absolutely, in our view. That's why we made it a Best Buy in our 2007 Awards.

A

Anonymous

Apologies for hijacking this thread but is the LX508D any good with SD content?

How does it compare with the 428XD in this repsect?

I'd be using this TV mainly with the V+ service but also for some HD / DVD viewing, should I look at alternatives?

A

Anonymous

you cant seem to go far wrong with pioneer at the moment who makes there panels ?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="IanS1"]Apologies for hijacking this thread but is the LX508D any good with SD content?

How does it compare with the 428XD in this repsect?
I'd be using this TV mainly with the V+ service but also for some HD / DVD viewing, should I look at alternatives?

[/quote]

I saw the tv playing BBC 1 in selfridges, and to be honest it didnt look too bad. I was standing around 7 ft away..i think the trick is to sit further away when viewinig sd material. Didnt look outstanding but i guess it did the job.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Ginder, I'd be sitting about 10-12 feet from the TV so as you say it shouldn't be too bad. It would be nice to hear from someone who as actually got the LX508D as I know that a lot of shops don't have their TV's set up optimally.

I went to a local Apollo 2000 store last week to see the Panasonic 42PX70, going by what I saw in the shop, I would never buy a plasma/LCD screen, the SD content looked absolutely rubbish. I now know the 42PX70 is capable of better SD content as I helped my mate set his screen up yesterday and the SD / V+ looks very acceptable.

If I could get the same SD picture quality on the LX508D, I'd be more than happy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts