Which 2.1 Surround Sound System

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

IMG_0083.jpg

As you can see there is not a lot of room for a speaker system!

If only there was a 37" Plasma with a really good internal speakers!

A

Anonymous

Have you looked at the Phillips HTS8100 system (just a suggestion)?

A

Anonymous

There sure isnt much room to work with. A soundbar speaker would really be ideal for you it's just a that a good one might be out of your price bracket.
Only other way would be to wall mount some of the equipment and speakers you want or the drastic step....move your TV! Lol.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Paulthefilmfan"]There sure isnt much room to work with. A soundbar speaker would really be ideal for you it's just a that a good one might be out of your price bracket.
Only other way would be to wall mount some of the equipment and speakers you want or the drastic step....move your TV! Lol.[/quote]

Sorry forgot to say I can't move the TV! Agree about the soundbar as this would be perfect but, as far as I have seen, they are really expensive.

Ah well back to the drawing board!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Lewis201"]
Have you looked at the Phillips HTS8100 system (just a suggestion)?

[/quote]
No but I will. Thanks!

jingo

Apr 11, 2008
Visit site
iv'e got a cheap little aiwa active subwoofer connected to my samsung lcd tv using one one of the annalogue outs on the back of the tv, and stuck the sub behind my cabinet works very well.

A

Anonymous

Cheers everyone.

You've been really helpful and given lots of great suggestions. It's up to me now to choose which will fit in my situation.

Thanks!!!!!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Paulthefilmfan"]There sure isnt much room to work with. A soundbar speaker would really be ideal for you it's just a that a good one might be out of your price bracket.
Only other way would be to wall mount some of the equipment and speakers you want or the drastic step....move your TV! Lol.[/quote]

I have been looking at these and think this may be the way to go although I will have to save for it.

Where could I situate this?

A

Anonymous

In looking at you pic you provided above, I think you could squeeze on under but in front of your TV on the unit itself. You could try something like the Logic3 sounstage.
This was advertised in one of the recent whf mags. Should be about less than £200 try: http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/3479314/-/Product.html?searchstring=logic3+soundstage&searchsource=0
and it will be better than the tv speakers but not quite hi fi sound quality.

Hope I have been of help, any more help just ask.

A

Anonymous

I know it is way out of my price range, but would be willing to save ,so what do you think of the Yamaha soundbars?

A

Anonymous

Apparantly they are a lot better, But as you say they cost more.
Mind you I have seen them going for some good prices on this site try:http://www.hispek.com/P/Yamaha-YSP500-Multi-Channel-Surround-Sound-Projector(YSP500).aspx
You may find tehm cheaper if you google it.

A

Anonymous

But mind you, If you are going to spend that sort of money then maybe you should try the' Sony DAV-IS10' as this has tiny speakers which you will barely notice to look at and it got 5 star too.

A

Anonymous

If I remember rightly the WHF team are doing a feature on the Yamaha soundbars in the next issue. I am sure the team will correct me if I am wrong.

The soundbars are a great alternative if you haven't got the room for a full system, should fit under the tele or on a shelf.
I couldn't see the picture of your cabinert, so cannot tell what space you have.

I will try again when I get home, it may just be a work thing.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Paulthefilmfan"]But mind you, If you are going to spend that sort of money then maybe you should try the' Sony DAV-IS10' as this has tiny speakers which you will barely notice to look at and it got 5 star too.[/quote]

This does look good but I take it that the speakers would have to be situated around the room and don't really want wires all over the place!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="tatooineraider"]If I remember rightly the WHF team are doing a feature on the Yamaha soundbars in the next issue. I am sure the team will correct me if I am wrong.

The soundbars are a great alternative if you haven't got the room for a full system, should fit under the tele or on a shelf.
I couldn't see the picture of your cabinert, so cannot tell what space you have.

I will try again when I get home, it may just be a work thing.[/quote]

Thanks!

I will have to measure the cabinet to see whether the soundbar would fit in. The only problem is the cabinet is closed in?

A shelf may be better?

A

Anonymous

I saw a Panasonic HTR300 TV Cabinet on QVC which looks really good and would solve the space problem.(have to sort out the money problem first though!)

Anyone know what this is like? I take it you can attach it to the TV speakers as well?

A

Anonymous

not sure about the Panny cabinet, But I think it would solve a lot of issus for you if you hunted around for another cabinet first.
I had to do exactly the same a while back and it really helps as you can plan the arrangement of your kit to how you want it!
And not how your cabinet is dictating it like in your case.
Ikea and argos have both got a lot better recently in their ranges of racks and cabinets and I urge you to have a peek.

Good luck

A

Anonymous

Keep in mind the 2008 home cinema ranges haven't come out from most brands yet. Theres a really nice looking 2.1 Sony system coming out June time that I was checking out. The DAV-(something)200 I think.

Just a thought.

A

Anonymous

Ok thanks. I am in no hurry so can wait to see what 2008 brings.

TRENDING THREADS