WHF?S&V - PLEASE reveal which TVs in 50in test!

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
WHF?S&V - can any staffer please reveal which 50in TVs are included in the next issue's supertest? (Not results, obviously.) Some of us are on the verge of hitting 'add to basket' re certain 50 inchers, but might hold back if... [;)] Ta [:D]

A

Anonymous

LG Seem to be happy enough to say they have a 5 star review, from this i am assuming the LG is tops or close to top

5star.jpg

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi Andrew i am not sure if you can say or not but if the panasonic 50v20 is already being looked at have you guys noticed any issues with this set?

Cheers
emotion-21.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

Andrew Everard:As with any test content in a forthcoming issue, I'm not at liberty to say.

emotion-11.gif
Okay thanks
emotion-21.gif

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
LG five-star review is here; runners and riders for Supertest are

LG 50PK590
LG 50PK990
Panasonic TX-P50S20
Panasonic TX-P50V20
Samsung PS50C6900
Sharp LC-52LE700

Shame it didn't include the 350, cheaper and many argue a better picture than the 590 due to not having fixed edge enhancement (I've not compared the two!), but the 590 is still pretty good value and has the THX preset for better greyscale as well as more comprehensive connectivity options... Some of us are never happy!
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

I forget now, but when is the next issue out for subscribers?

thanks

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Subscriber copies will be posted out next Monday (13th), so you should have your copy by this time next week.

Issues will be in shops by Friday 17th.

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:
Subscriber copies will be posted out next Monday (13th), so you should have your copy by this time next week.

Issues will be in shops by Friday 17th.

ok thanks, I have my finger hovering over the buy button for a VT20, still concerned about some of the reported issues though, I will wait until next week now

Thanks

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Well they do make 52in sets, but that size from them - and several other LCD manufacturers, including Philips - simply wasn't available in time for our test.

More tests to follow -plasma and LCD - before Awards announced.

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
Ah, the KDL-52EX700, for example - didn't realise that such 52in beasts existed. Ta for the clue.
emotion-1.gif

52EX700 doesn't seem to finding favour in reviews, though, with comments such as "lighter black levels; darker areas tinged blue... less-even screen uniformity...". Eww!
emotion-3.gif

Can't decide: an LG PK350 or PK990, or a Sony KDL-46EX503??
emotion-42.gif

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
6th.replicant:Forty-six inches are not sufficient.

Seems it won't be the Sony then...so only two to audition.

Both LG's - which has the features you want? The PK350 or PK990? The PK350 isn't on test though it's the PK590, does one fit within your budget better (or leave more money for BD's).

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
Actually, I've just ordered a PK350; it has the same panel as the PK990, but less gimmicks, and OK, it isn't as pretty. But, at £598 incl next-day delivery (Amazon), IMO it's a no-brainer stop-gap until a 2D 'Kuro-beater' finally arrives, if ever...

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
6th.replicant:Actually, I've just ordered a PK350; it has the same panel as the PK990, but less gimmicks, and OK, it isn't as pretty. But, at £598 incl next-day delivery (Amazon), IMO it's a no-brainer stop-gap until a 2D 'Kuro-beater' finally arrives, if ever...

I like to think of it as more "minimalist" in design where the other models go for pretty, its frame is a little smaller than the other models handily
emotion-1.gif
Hang it on the wall, channel the wires and it looks pretty sleek! You'll be impressed with the build when you get it, very shallow front-to-back.

Cookie Monster

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Nobody has mentioned the Samsung PS50C6900 yet. I had a play with one of these and left impressed. I always prefered an LCD picture but the vibrancy of the set really impressed. For 3D gaming and big movies i would have swapped my PJ for this if i had the space. Tried some 3D too, great, but easily went of axis. Set looks great too but i would imagine sound suffers a little due to slender frame.

Cookie Monster

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts