WHF Review Team (Or Anyone): Denon DM39 Volume Increments

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Do you – or anyone else - have any comments on the volume increments?

I remember when I had the 37 there was a point around the 10/11/12 mark (if I recall those numbers correctly) where the volume jump was just too large for late night listening. It was either too low for enjoyment, or the next step up was the tipping point for it being too loud for the neighbours which is why eventually I very reluctantly had to part company with it (I also gather that the 38 didn’t resolve this issue either).

I am very interested in the new 39, and although I would like to demo it there really wouldn’t be much point in my travelling to do so if the problem still persists. There is zero info out there concerning this, so any input from yourselves or others would be gratefully appreciated.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Yep 10 to 11 is a huge jump on the 38dab too. it was never mentioned in the WHF review ether.

Not heard the 39dab, but it looks like a trait.

Jammoe

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I find it fine. Had the DM39 for a couple of months and the volume control acts exactly as I'd expect it to. Have it on about 10-12 for TV and drop it down to about 8 to listen to the radio as I drift off.

Can't say I've noticed any undue jump / drop in volume between any increments.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts