WHF- question?

A

Anonymous

gbhsi1:I think they look ace! getting mine in October :)

I agree, great looking speakers.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
gbhsi1:How do your Motive 3's sound? I heard when they are pushed- it could sound bright- true?

if that was from my comment on other thread, I was refering to motive 2! and that was with Naim 5i electronics playing classic rok/metal at concert volume.

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
So you, personally, would recommend the Motive 2's Thaiman? I was asking Marcy about the motive 3's (same line of speakers) though.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
gbhsi1:So you, personally, would recommend the Motive 2's Thaiman? I was asking Marcy about the motive 3's (same line of speakers) though.

I think they are very good range of speakers as long as your room is not massive. I forgot what your electronics are but Neat sound on the money when partner with Naim, Exposure, Densen and LFD

I have been to Neat Compny myself and can tell you that Bob (the owner) tune his speakers to the real music event sound rather than HiFi sound. The new Momentum range is superb too, in fact if you are thinking of buying Motive 1s, I would recommend you to demo the momentum 3i along side them.

crusaderlord

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
I have the Neat Motive 3 and find them excellent with Arcam. I chose them from a demo of 6 standmounts so i am very happy with them.

I havent found them bright even when pushed - but i never really play at ear defeaning volumes.

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
hmmm..that's what I wanted to hear Crusaderlord. I have a Arcam CD93 and Roksan kandy L3 amp- so these should match the motive 2's to a tee...I hope :)

Andrew,

Do you my system would be a perfect match for the Motive 2's?

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
Sorry Andrew, let me say that again (missed out think)

Do you 'think' my system would be a perfect match for the Motive 2's?

A

Anonymous

Thaiman:
gbhsi1:How do your Motive 3's sound? I heard when they are pushed- it could sound bright- true?

if that was from my comment on other thread, I was refering to motive 2!ÿ and that was with Naim 5i electronics playing classic rok/metal at concert volume.

TM what's your view on the Motive 2 with 5i playing classic rok/metal at normal volume?ÿ

A

Anonymous

Oh and by the way TM did you ever go to an Elvis memorabilia collection valuation on the Antiques Roadshow?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
gbhsi1:Sorry Andrew, let me say that again (missed out think)

Do you 'think' my system would be a perfect match for the Motive 2's?

Yes, I still 'think' it will.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Octopo:Thaiman:

if that was from my comment on other thread, I was refering to motive 2! and that was with Naim 5i electronics playing classic rok/metal at concert volume.

TM what's your view on the Motive 2 with 5i playing classic rok/metal at normal volume?

Fantastic.
emotion-21.gif
if you just want to listen to music rather than analyse soundstage and imaging!

the 1s can give you even more impact on the drum slam and go down further in low freq range (I think as low as twenty-ish Hz without any bump) but for electronic matching I would go up to superNait level to partner motive 1s.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Octopo:Oh and by the way TM did you ever go to an Elvis memorabilia collection valuation on the Antiques Roadshow?

No, I didn't want the world to know that I am still alive and well
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

I've done so much reading on these but not managed to test any yet. Think I'll have to head to Acoustica in Chester soon, I wish Neat were available in a few more stores. Thanks TM for valued input.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts