WHF Micro System Reviews (Still No Denon Ceol N9 Review)

Snooker

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
WHF seem to always promote the Marantz MCR610 type systems, and in particular the Denon DM40 type systems (Review this Friday), both with "excellent glowing reviews"

But what about the more expensive Denon Ceol N9 how does that fit in with sound quality regarding the two above units, just wish ideally you did a group test or at least a review for the current Denon Ceol N9 System

jjbomber

Snooker said:
WHF seem to always promote the Marantz MCR610 type systems, and in particular the Denon DM40 type systems (Review this Friday), both with "excellent glowing reviews"

But what about the more expensive Denon Ceol N9 how does that fit in with sound quality regarding the two above units, just wish ideally you did a group test or at least a review for the current Denon Ceol N9 System

WhatHiFi rely on Denon to send them a Ceol N9 to review. Until Denon do that, there won't be a review. WhatHiFi could borrow one from a Hi-Fi retailler to do the review though. I understand that Graham Slee do a very good loan scheme!!!

Snooker

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
After thinking about it again I think a group test would be a good idea for the Denon DM40, Denon Ceol N9, and Marantz MCR610, as it would be more meaningful than individual reviews, as they could all be compared to each other *smile*

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I don't really see the point in a group test. They'll all be pretty much the same.

I would go on spec, functionality and looks. Will it do what you want it too ?

JamesMellor

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Snooker said:

Seems to me as long as these two products continue to get "glowing" reviews at thier respective price points why would Denon/Marantz want to promote the 510/ dran 5 / ceol n9 and confuse the issue?

The Manufacture decides what products in his range he supplies for review , I guess if the 611 gets slated a ceol n9 would be submitted for review the next day <S>

James

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts