Where to buy Kef iq5 se?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Does anyone know where the cheapest place to buy the Kef iq5 se from is?

Also If I get them I am planning to connect them up to my Cambridge Audio A5 MkII amp. Would this be a waste of a good pair of speakers or they sound ok?

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Google them and see what prices you can come up with.

Superfi are offering them at a good price -

http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/3512

IMO i dont think your C/A amp would be able to drive them to their best abaility but it will suffice.

Have any budget to look at replacing your amp?

Also; why the Kef IQ5SE speakers? Have you auditioned them yet?

A

Anonymous

No, not yet. Basically I've got a pair of iq1s and I want something with more bass. I thought about getting a sub but then realised that the total cost of my speaker set up would then exceed the cost of a pair of really good floor standing speakers (which hopefully shouldn't need a sub). So I'm going to sell my iq1s and get the iq5 ses. Does this sound sensible?

The best price I've found is around £240. I read on this forum that some place is selling them at £160 though this sounds unlikely.

Another question: I've got the pro-ject genie and was think of upgrading to the debut III. Will there be much difference?

A

Anonymous

Any advice? Sorry for asking what are probably pretty dumb questions.

A

Anonymous

Your plan sounds OK to me. Be prepared to upgrade the amp in the not too distant future though. Make sure you don't overdrive it in the meantime.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts