Where is that thread...Andrew??? pls

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Mr E..(and forum friends)

Could you help me find the thread which Mr. E posted a picture of massive PA speakers system. I think that was Greatful death concert or something like that (few months ago now) I couldn't find it anywhere.

A

Anonymous

Would that be this one?

http://whathifi.com/forums/p/4102/22914.aspx#22914

On another note Thaiman, what do you know about the GamuT L3 speakers? Any good with my Cyrus kit?

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="IanS1"]
On another note Thaiman, what do you know about the GamuT L3 speakers? Any good with my Cyrus kit?

[/quote]

Ian, the L3 are awesome and if you have stacks of Cyrus power amps I couldn't recommended the Den enough
emotion-21.gif

oh thx for the link....that is the one

A

Anonymous

Thaiman, As you can see from my sig, I have a DAC/XP and 2 mono X. Enough?

I'm hopefully going to try them with my kit quite soon, just needed some reassurance before I make the 220+ mile round trip.

I heard the L3's at the Bristol show not sure what GamuT amps were powering them but they sounded quite awesome. If I go for them perhaps the GamuT pre/power amps will be next on the list.

Ooohhh sh*t did I really just say that. Another expensive year for HiFi me thinks. ;-)

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Ian, Gamut power amp (like my Mk3
emotion-5.gif
) could be the last amp you will ever need to purchase. I can't not see how you could get better without spending £silly upward! (Chapter audio might just beat it on resolution but not the musicality) As for the pre amp it's not to everyone taste, I am using sugden masterclass pre which seem to suited the D200 very very well indeed.

and I shall think 2 mono X could do the job of driving L3 (I don't know much about your Cyrus amps but the XP is fantastic)

220 miles round trip? that is nothing mate! I driven from Norfolk to Scotland for a pair of Triangles before and that was just a budget pair
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Thaiman"]
220 miles round trip? that is nothing mate! I driven from Norfolk to Scotland for a pair of Triangles before and that was just a budget pair
emotion-1.gif

[/quote]

Now that's dedication and as you say 220 miles is nothing for such an excellent reward in listening to those L3's again.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Thaiman"]Chapter audio might just beat it on resolution but not the musicality [/quote]

Chapter Audio, wow that's some nice looking kit, looks very expensive.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts