Where Have I Gone Wrong?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Fred24

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Thank you all for the replies. I admit my room certainly needs treatment. but sadly I have to stick with wife friendly furnishing..I was lucky , she accepted the BX2 .. but now I am hoping to buy a floor stander to match the lack of bass and soundstage. I have the Tannoy V4 and Q acoustics 2050i in mind.. I would have even gone with Mission MX5 (but they look monstrous).

I will use the Bx2 with possibly marantz Cr 300 later on as a second set up in the dining room. However I dare to say I have tweak with the bass control on AS500 .just to see what happend...yeah there was slightly more bass ..but it was not a balance sound ..so will just keep it Direct ..as IMO I believe a system should sound good without any tone control that will introduce colouration.

In the meantime I will seek possible manufacturer of acoustics treatment material that is wife friendly..as a last resort in case things does not work well with a floorstander.

Many thanks again ..

Fred

Most of us have to adhere to spousal requirements. Nevertheless you can box around poor acoustics by choosing a system that is (more) room friendly. There aren't any real 'nailed-on' recommendations, apart from: Choose an amp & speakers that doesn't provoke fatigue. If your amp and speakers are bright your sources have to be smooth to warm to break up any top-end and LF nasties.

By adding a rug or heavy curtains can make a noticeable difference... there are other things you can do at relatively little or no cost.

FWIW my room is very forgiving. If I had a reflective room I wouldn't have the amp and speakers currently used.

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Fred 24,

If your seating position is in a bass null then changing to floorstanders could make little or no difference. You need to sort that out first and knowing if you are in a null is a matter of experimenting with the speaker and seating position and costs nothing.

I appreciate what you said about the demo being a bit bass light but I fear you will spend money and get little or no benefit.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts