Where have all the HiFi members gone?

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I can see the wisdom of the argument now, and look forward to the You'll Never Believe What These Cute Kittens Did Next and 10 Celebrities You Never Thought You'd See Naked features in the coming weeks.

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Vladimir said:
WHF staff wont enjoy coming here with all the persistant criciticism, whining and insults from the forum members. I have never seen so many people complaining about a service (this website) which they are getting free and voluntarily. *scratch_one-s_head* If Mac can persist to use this website despite all the new upgrade issues, I have no excuse for others, including myself.

A more stoic attitude can only help the forum karma. If you really need to vent, why not open a cable debate?

Well said Vlad
thumbs_up.gif

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Andy Clough said:
What this means, in reality, is that there will be no further upgrades to the site before Christmas. Frustrating, I know, but my hands are tied.

Thanks for the update.

Andy Clough said:
Just for the record, those "pointless" Top 10/Best Buy lists typically attract more than 100,000 page views a month, whereas a traditional news story such as "manufacturer X launches product Y" might get 1000-2000 page views a month. It seems an awful lot of people find what we do quite useful.

I thought they would be popular but I never expected them to be that popular compared to the other news stories.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
tinkywinkydipsylalapo said:
I can see the wisdom of the argument now, and look forward to the You'll Never Believe What These Cute Kittens Did Next and 10 Celebrities You Never Thought You'd See Naked features in the coming weeks.

It's shameful I know but I'd probably click on both of those links. *blush*

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Very well put, Matthew.

A large part of the traffic on the hi-fi part of the forum consists of requests for advice about entry level kit, and this is the meat and drink of WHF. Most (but not all) of the established members of the forum have probably graduated away from the entry level. So there's bound to be a bit of a disjoint between some of the established posters and the majority of the forum's traffic. Nothing to worry about really.

Matt

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Andy Clough said:
relocated said:
That may now be an outdated situation but we don't hear from Andy, or anyone else, to let us know when things have changed. Time is found to wash away critical posts that injure certain sensibilities, why not use that time to 'take it on the chin' and give a decent, honest appraisal of where we are and where we are going?

Perfectly happy to take it on the chin relocated, as always *lol*

The reason I haven't commented is because there has been nothing to report. The situation is this: Haymarket has one, centralised dev team running all the Drupal sites (What Hi-Fi?, Stuff.tv, Autocar, FourFourTwo) and right now they are flat out migrating Autocar and Stuff.tv to Drupal 7. That is the current priority.

What this means, in reality, is that there will be no further upgrades to the site before Christmas. Frustrating, I know, but my hands are tied.

Thank you for letting us know the situation. Sadly, I thought there was going to be progress once the Awards were out of the way, but at least we do know now.

Oh and thanks for my first belly-laugh of the day.

D

Deleted member 2457

matt49 said:
Very well put, Matthew.

A large part of the traffic on the hi-fi part of the forum consists of requests for advice about entry level kit, and this is the meat and drink of WHF. Most (but not all) of the established members of the forum have probably graduated away from the entry level. So there's bound to be a bit of a disjoint between some of the established posters and the majority of the forum's traffic. Nothing to worry about really.

Matt
Makes sense.

peterpiper

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
well I am still here ! but I tend not to give much advice unless its with componets I am familar with, and its fairly limited to be honest, there are members with far more experience and knowledge than me, best lest to them ! I do tend to ask stuff myself if i am buying or there is a problem, but I am happy with the current stuff I have and no problems, Hence I tend to just visit and lurk in the background every now and then

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts