Where have all our record shops gone?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
toyota man said:
Hi Diamond Joe Yes Andys Records was on Pottergate I seem to remember that they sold Second hand cds and Hifi vinyl I used to spend hours going through all of there lps
Great, thanks toyota man, I thought it might have been Andy's Records.

I recall they had headphones for listening to new releases, and when Pink Floyd brought out The Division Bell they had a note warning that the equipment was perfectly ok, but there was a verrry long quiet intro to the first track.

Funny what you remember, isn't it!!

Rethep

May 2, 2011
Visit site
busb said:
Rethep said:
From the moment i used iTunes i started buying music there. Because i very rarely like a whole CD, i can buy single songs. I think the recordindustry, incl shops, have gotten enough of my money.

The beauty of ITunes if you don't mind lossy is that you can usually if not always buy just the songs you want which I've started doing far more often.

To me Itunes is absolutely not lossy. It's 265 kb AAC's make me very often wonder if i'm ever going to change anything in my hifi again. And be sure, i have a good set (and ears) to listen.

Unfortunately iTunes is very expensive on the continent, compared to US. And some albums are not available on iTunes. Does anybody know how to buy (cheap) from Amazon (as a continenter) ? Which format mp3's are they selling ?

Thanks.

Helenasam

Aug 12, 2021
Visit site
Record shop chains still present in North America include Sunrise Records (Canada), FYE, Sam Goody and Rough Trade (all USA). Similarly barcode lookup stated that, Outside of Europe and North America, the current record store chains include Virgin Megastores, HMV and Tower Records.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts