Where do I start my updgrade...again?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
A few days ago I posted the following query:

"For the past 15 years I've been listening to an all Technics system (SL-PG320A CD player; SU-VZ320 amp; basic Technics speakers), all still working like new. If I were to start upgrading, which bit of my old set up should go first? I'm a classical music fan on a modest budget."

Lots of useful replies, generally suggesting that speakers should go first. Since then I've been scanning other posts and have noted positive stuff about using headphones. Given that I mainly listen to music alone, might one solution to my upgrade question be to buy some decent headphones to replace the speakers, then move on to the rest of the hardware?

Thanks again for your collective wisom. (This site really is invaluable for novices...).

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Could well be. Try a pair of Sennheiser HD 595s or Grado SR80's (I believe Richer sounds do both, so take a CD you know and they should let you listen to both).

If you need the headphones to be quiet to outside people, and also to shut out external noise, try the Sennheiser HD280Pros. I have a pair, and they do a fantastic job of playing music and shutting out the american serial rubbish on TV that my wife insists on watching...!

I bought my 280s after auditioning the above pairs, as whilst both the above had slightly better sound quality (only just though), I needed the noise isolation that the closed-back 280s offer...

robg1976

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
hi mate headphones will give you a boost in sound but remember they only play what you feed them your best bet for a system inprovement would be the source a Cd player and if you get one with a headphine socket you can plug straight in your amp and speakers only produce what you put in so a good source is probably the first step then an amp and speakers..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts