Where do Chromecast experts hang out?

thewinelake.

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm extremely impressed with the Chromecast audio thing. For £15, to be able to do what it does at decent quality is quite remarkable. I've had it doing Spotify, iPlayer and Tune-in radio (haven't tried tidal yet) but have struggled with streaming from a uPNP streamer or SMB file server (using iPhone).

I get the impression that BubbleUPNP (which is an Android-only app) works OK, but bizarrely there seems to be no iOS app that works (despite a few claiming to!)

I was wondering if there's a forum somewhere where I can get some experts to tell me to stop beating my head against the wall. The Raumfeld does the job quite well, but still there are things I can do with Chromecast that elude the Raumfeld (such as playing audio wirelessly from my Mac laptop)

abacus

So long as you have Google Cast installed https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/google-cast/id680819774?mt=8 there are many apps that will do the job you want.

If you do want a forum, just type Chromecast Forum into Google, and you will find plenty of links come up.

Hope this helps

Bill

thewinelake.

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
How Annoying!

Just discovered why the MusicStreamer app seemed not to work - I was on the wrong screen!

This is the first screen you see when selecting music, and you can use it to play stuff, but no streaming

14199335_10154441516686354_4422423834983732484_n.jpg

However, there's another view - the playlist view, which looks pretty similar, but does allow casting

14202550_10154441516716354_372530693756321807_n.jpg

If I try really hard, I can see that there is a sense in which one needs a playlist to stream something, but it could treat the list on screen as a playlist, like most sensible apps would do as a default?

That was an hour wasted trying to work out if my powerlinks were working properly!

Once you've got around that, though, it's a decent app - maybe even a good one....

TRENDING THREADS