Where can I get a bunny ear headset?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Q

QuestForThe13thNote

One of the interesting things in hearing leifs old monitor audio speakers against a Cyrus lyric in richer sounds, in a tiny room smaller than leifs, was that I heard no boom at all.

And this thing that you can predict an amps sound is wrong. Also with speaker wire. It's all about going out and listening. If you've bought an amp which doesn't work with the room, and I'm postulating that, there is no harm in changing your amp again.

Leif

May 11, 2014
Visit site
So the conclusion is that my Arcam Solo Movie is so poor that it causes booming. You really do come out with nonsense. You have never listened to my system, the booming went with new speakers, and the booming with the MA speakers was removed by moving them well away from the walls, and you know all of that, so why not give it a rest?

You have called people like me audio bores, insulted our choice of music and direct various other insults at us, calling many of us stupid, and pursued a childish vendetta against my system. I've had enough of your insults and rants, so I will not be back.

I'm glad that for you it is 'all about the music' and not all about the gear. In fact for you it is all about trolling forums in order to wind up the other posters.

There is an interesting example of a mature discussions of these issues here:

https://hifiwigwam.com/forum/topic/126101-speaker-positioning/

I note that you asked for the above forum to cancel your account as you got tired of the other members who you called audio bores, as for you it is 'all about the music'. Incidentally, someone on that forum sent me a PM telling me that you had been banned from two forums. I have no idea if that is true, but it would not surprise me.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Just a little observation on the (old or 'original') Arcam Solo Music power amp section and the Quad Vena.

They both use the exact same National/Texas Instruments LM3886 'gain clone' amplifier modules along with the Arcam FMJ A18 and A19 amplifiers.

I have owned a Quad Vena since late August 2015 (it's semi-retired after a warranty repair and full service from Quad recently) and did a lot of internet research before buying.

I can't comment on the the latest version of the Solo Music which - I think - uses a different amplifier.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Another one of your conclusions drawn for yourself. The amp is massively important and it's all about comparatives, relatives, to get the right sound. If the amp is more bassy than another, and you've got boom, it will create more boom in a small room, just like a lean amp wont so much. The leaner amp will be better suited, if the boom is still there as per post 1 of your thread. I don't know how you can't get your head around that. It seems so simple to me.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts