Where can I buy this...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
BenLaw said:
Moving away from the squabbling, I had a similar experience a few years back with the eponymous album by One Eskimo. Had seen them on some very late night Channel 4 thing, went to see them live (the least well attended gig I've been to at about 15 but also one of the best) but no CD for months and months and months. I assume, like One Eskimo, this band will wait to see whether it is worth the investment of manufacturing and distributing physical media.

That's odd. I've had that CD pretty much since the album was released. http://www.amazon.co.uk/One-Eskimo/dp/B002JODUO8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1340728464&sr=8-1'

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Alec said:
Ah, but now you have made me think that whole post was sarcastic and you haven't checked or you have, but they are only sending you MP3s. Hmmm...

No MP3s. I specifically asked them for a CD with the full uncompressed recording and stated that I didn't want to download MP3s because of the low resolution. Should be pretty clear.

Now, let's get back to the sarcasm...I do find MP3's entertaining, but I have to fill in the missing data by humming those parts... ;)

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
jaxwired said:
BenLaw said:
Moving away from the squabbling, I had a similar experience a few years back with the eponymous album by One Eskimo. Had seen them on some very late night Channel 4 thing, went to see them live (the least well attended gig I've been to at about 15 but also one of the best) but no CD for months and months and months. I assume, like One Eskimo, this band will wait to see whether it is worth the investment of manufacturing and distributing physical media.

That's odd. I've had that CD pretty much since the album was released. http://www.amazon.co.uk/One-Eskimo/dp/B002JODUO8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1340728464&sr=8-1'

Yeah, my amazon purchase date is December 2009 which I think is shortly after the CD was released. Looking on youtube tho, the tracks were available in 2007. IIRC they were available to download from around that time.

Their DVD was another saga. Having received funding from Warner Bros and won awards for the animation, it was only available to buy with a US postal address and US credit card. I was only able to get a copy fairly recently.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts