When music becomes to much (emotionally that is)

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
There's lots of music that moves me, but a couple in particular...

Bonny Raitt "I can't make you love me" for reasons I won't go into and Vaughn Williams "The Lark ascending" simply beautiful.

Lets face it, if music don't move you, you ain't got no soul!

smiley-smile.gif

MakkaPakka

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I think I had my first emotional reaction to music.

I was on hold to the bank yesterday quite enjoying the hold music. Then Robbie Williams' cover of She's the one came on and I started vomitting blood.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
This quote is close to my thoughts .

"Music expresses feeling and thought, without language; it was below and before speech, and it is above and beyond all words." ~Robert G. Ingersoll

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Electro said:
This quote is close to my thoughts . "Music expresses feeling and thought, without language; it was below and before speech, and it is above and beyond all words." ~Robert G. Ingersoll

I like it.

On a similar vein, there is Frank Zappa's quote which also sums it up nicely - "Writing about music is like dancing about architecture."

Sospri

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Electro said:
This quote is close to my thoughts . "Music expresses feeling and thought, without language; it was below and before speech, and it is above and beyond all words." ~Robert G. Ingersoll

I like it.

On a similar vein, there is Frank Zappa's quote which also sums it up nicely - "Writing about music is like dancing about architecture."

Sounds like aload of old bo**ocks to me..................

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Sospri said:
CnoEvil said:
Electro said:

I like it.

:rofl:

....and you're most likely right!

busb

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Sospri said:
CnoEvil said:
Electro said:

I like it.

Which was the point he was making - the absurdity of it.

Sospri

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
busb said:
Sospri said:
CnoEvil said:
Electro said:

I like it.

Errr yeah I do know I was " statin the bleeding obvious" jeez....................

busb

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Sospri said:
busb said:
Sospri said:
CnoEvil said:
Electro said:

I like it.

Errr yeah I do know I was " statin the bleeding obvious" jeez....................

In that case, I apologise :oops:

TRENDING THREADS