When does the new Xbox and PlayStation 5 come out?

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

buzz_lightclick

I’ve seen a few people say they got one from either Currys or Very this morning. I got to the front of the queue at Currys but then the website didn’t load. I’m not that fussed and can wait until next year really.

D

Deleted member 2457

No luck either! Spent most of the day searching for it on one website or another.

D

Deleted member 2457

I can’t beleve how much the new consoles are going for now on places such as AVF and EBay!

buzz_lightclick

I can’t beleve how much the new consoles are going for now on places such as AVF and EBay!
Wait until after Xmas to get one at RRP.
If you wait a bit longer than that you could get one with a game thrown in too for the same price.
There’s nothing much out for them yet anyway that can’t be played on the older consoles.

D

Deleted member 2457

Wait until after Xmas to get one at RRP.
If you wait a bit longer than that you could get one with a game thrown in too for the same price.
There’s nothing much out for them yet anyway that can’t be played on the older consoles.
Hi Buzz am I right in thinking the Xbox Series X just outputs PCM for sound and not Master Audio?

D

Deleted member 2457

Depends if you set it to bitstream / then you should get master audio if playing a Blu ray that has that soundtrack on it. If the Xbox decodes the audio it will be PCM I think.
I am just getting PCM on Blu-rays with Master Audio soundtracks it does sound good though, I think I will sell my Cambridge Audio 4K Blu-ray player too. Decided not to have the soundbar.

D

Deleted member 2457

I put in on bitstream on the settings and it says DTS or Dolby Digital, so I selected DTS and it’s booming out just like Master Audio DTS - thanks guys!

Reactions: bigboss
It will down to your Xbox audio settings. If there is an option to let my receiver decode the audio, then select that.
I put in on bitstream on the settings and it says DTS or Dolby Digital, so I selected DTS and it’s booming out just like Master Audio DTS - thanks guys!
Bitstream for gaming is limited to Dolby Digital or DTS on the Xbox. Not lossless. So when set to BITSREAM you are actually not getting full HD sound.

Compare with PCM (which is lossless HD audio) and see if you notice a difference.

D

Deleted member 2457

Bitstream for gaming is limited to Dolby Digital or DTS on the Xbox. Not lossless. So when set to BITSREAM you are actually not getting full HD sound.

Compare with PCM (which is lossless HD audio) and see if you notice a difference.
I have noticed the difference for Blu-rays DTS is better PCM is very quiet although when your turn the volume up by 5 dB it sounds roughly the same.

I haven’t tried gaming in any soundtrack as of yet, I will try today though. Thanks

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi BB, with my cables I have one in the back of the Xbox going to the bd HDMI input on the amp, which is the official HDMI cable with the new Xbox. Then I have another 4K HDMI cable going from the amps HDMI output to the One Connect Box for the Samsung, is that the right way round to get 8K and 2.1 HDMI 120hz?

D

Deleted member 2457

I am currently getting 1080p no 4K no 120z and DTS sound any ideas?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts