When does the new Xbox and PlayStation 5 come out?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I read the spec on the new Xbox that it doesn't do 8k only up to 4k which i am waiting for the new Xbox to be released but no word as it says November time 2020 ready for Xmas but i reckon it will sell around the £500 or more for the disc drive version .
But i think its been delayed because of the virus as there is no word on pre orders yet but reckon Sony will release theirs first but spec wise the Xbox is a lot better the the PS5 and the fact the PS5 looks like router

D

Deleted member 2457

I read the spec on the new Xbox that it doesn't do 8k only up to 4k which i am waiting for the new Xbox to be released but no word as it says November time 2020 ready for Xmas but i reckon it will sell around the £500 or more for the disc drive version .
But i think its been delayed because of the virus as there is no word on pre orders yet but reckon Sony will release theirs first but spec wise the Xbox is a lot better the the PS5 and the fact the PS5 looks like router
Check out this:

Same price as you are saying plus it does 8K.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Check out this:

Same price as you are saying plus it does 8K.
Here is the spec
CPU8x Cores @ 3.8 GHz (3.6 GHz w/ SMT) Custom Zen 2 CPU
GPU12 TFLOPS, 52 CUs @ 1.825 GHz Custom RDNA 2 GPU
Die Size360.45 mm2
Process7nm Enhanced
Memory16 GB GDDR6 w/ 320b bus
Memory Bandwidth10GB @ 560 GB/s, 6GB @ 336 GB/s
Internal Storage1 TB Custom NVME SSD
I/O Throughput2.4 GB/s (Raw), 4.8 GB/s (Compressed, with custom hardware decompression block)
Expandable Storage1 TB Expansion Card (matches internal storage exactly)
External StorageUSB 3.2 External HDD Support
Optical Drive4K UHD Blu-Ray Drive
Performance Target4K @ 60 FPS, Up to 120 FPS
It only has a 4k Blu-Ray Drive

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 2457
D

Deleted member 2457

Here is the spec
CPU8x Cores @ 3.8 GHz (3.6 GHz w/ SMT) Custom Zen 2 CPU
GPU12 TFLOPS, 52 CUs @ 1.825 GHz Custom RDNA 2 GPU
Die Size360.45 mm2
Process7nm Enhanced
Memory16 GB GDDR6 w/ 320b bus
Memory Bandwidth10GB @ 560 GB/s, 6GB @ 336 GB/s
Internal Storage1 TB Custom NVME SSD
I/O Throughput2.4 GB/s (Raw), 4.8 GB/s (Compressed, with custom hardware decompression block)
Expandable Storage1 TB Expansion Card (matches internal storage exactly)
External StorageUSB 3.2 External HDD Support
Optical Drive4K UHD Blu-Ray Drive
Performance Target4K @ 60 FPS, Up to 120 FPS
It only has a 4k Blu-Ray Drive
I have no answer to that mate other than I still believe it’s 8K but their target performance is 4K gamers because not many people have 8K TVs.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I think you’re right mate there does seem to be some confusion with 8K:

Games or movies in 8K? How will that work with movies?
Games will not be in 8k as it would take too much processing power to play the game properly and you would get a drop in FPS... frame per second which both Xbox & PS5 will running anything up to 30-160 FPS which makes the game run much faster and smoother at the top end of 160 FPS .
Going by the Xbox spec the drive is only a 4K blu- ray drive which all that will do is 4K unless they bring software to increase the quality to 8k which I am not sure if that’s possible .
But do remember Xbox saying it would be a 8k capable Xbox so I am confused my self but as you see from the Microsoft website it says 4K

D

Deleted member 2457

Games will not be in 8k as it would take too much processing power to play the game properly and you would get a drop in FPS... frame per second which both Xbox & PS5 will running anything up to 30-160 FPS which makes the game run much faster and smoother at the top end of 160 FPS .
Going by the Xbox spec the drive is only a 4K blu- ray drive which all that will do is 4K unless they bring software to increase the quality to 8k which I am not sure if that’s possible .
But do remember Xbox saying it would be a 8k capable Xbox so I am confused my self but as you see from the Microsoft website it says 4K
Do you know when the PS5 will be available to pre-order?

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Do you know when the PS5 will be available to pre-order?
No but Sony has lunched there first view of the PS5 at a gaming show which is more then Xbox has done so my thinking is the PS5 will be released first but both the PS5 & Xbox are meant to be released November /December time and Pre-orders the end of summer but because of the virus i think its held both back so i have no idea if things have changed

D

Deleted member 2457

Sounds little point buying a new console if you only want 8K content, do you agree?

D

Deleted member 188533

Any 8K gaming is going to be upscaled. We're really just at the point where 4K is feasible at least for the PC. I know consoles aren't directly relatable to PCs but it won't be until the new Nvidia 3xxx cards are released through the next few months that you can get a 4K 60 FPS graphics card for less than $1000+. As of right now the 2080 Ti is the only card that can do it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts